What's new

Carlos Torano Virtuoso

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried this for the first time today. My local stogie slinger told me it was full-bodied, and he was correct. I believe it was 6 1/2 by 54.

Wrapper- deep brown maduro, solid and smooth feel to it; I tried not to fondle it too much, to prevent others from questioning my sexuality

Aroma- very barnyard, minus the cow's ass

Draw- nice and easy, definitely a quality roll on this one

Burn- had to touch it up about 5 times--the only downside to the smoke

Flavor- full, but not to the point of being harsh; exhaling out the nose was no problem

Overall, very good stuff. It left me slightly tobacco-stoned, since I hadn't smoked in a couple weeks, and I had to go get a burrito after this one. Next time I will enjoy it with a full stomach ahead of time.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
CIGAR: Carlos Torano Virtuoso
SHAPE: Robusto
ORIGIN: Honduras
WRAPPER: Dark Natural
BINDER: ?
FILLER: ?
STRENGTH: Full
SIZE: 4.7 x 52 (Encore)
PRICE: ~$6.00

I'll start off stating that typically, I like mild to medium bodied cigars; cameroons, some corojo's, and even a well built connecticut, I got this one in a trade, so I gave it a test drive...

I smoked this cigar this evening, and I gotta say, it wasn't what I expected. It was very, very earthy, dirty tasting even. Kind of like, I'd re-lighted some POS that I'd found on the ground. It burned nicely, held the ash for 2" at a time. I've got a feeling that I'm going to have a cat crap taste in my mouth in the morning, no matter how much I brush and gargle this evening. I've had it for a month now, and I've no idea how long the fella I got it from had it before that. It's always been stored properly, so no excuses for being improperly humidified.

What Cigar Review has to say about it:

The Carlos Torano Virtuoso is the fullest bodied line made by the legendary cigar family. For generations the Torano’s have been growing some of the world’s best tobacco. Making their start in Cuba, the Torano’s now grow tobacco in virtually every tobacco growing nation in the world. Their unmatched access to such fine tobacco is the secret behind the complexity of the Virtuoso blend.

The Virtuoso starts with a Nicaraguan Colorado Maduro shade wrapper the covers an aged tri-country blend. The master blenders at Torano also utilize some exotic Panamanian tobacco in the filler which is very rich in flavor and adds the perfect balance to this full bodied smoke. With a long finish on the palate, this cigar is perfect for smokers wanting to graduate to something with a more robust aroma. Available in four popular sizes, there is something that will appeal to any cigar lover in this line. The Virtuoso is another great blend from one of the world’s foremost cigar makers.

My review - 1 star. (*****)

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Only had one, so hard for me to judge. But mine tasted very hard and was not enjoyable. So many other cigars I like, I would pass on these.