What's new

Casa De Garcia maduro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m at the end of my CDG toro maduro that I fired up about 45 mins ago. I have to admit that I wasn’t a fan of it straight out of the bundle, even after a few months of resting it.
However, while rearranging my humidor, I found this stick from 2016 resting comfortably at the bottom of my drawer and thought, let’s see how it changed over the years, and fired it up.
For contrast, when newly acquired, it had a very young, alkaline sort of taste to it, to me, at least. It had a slight earthiness and a little leather to it, but nothing remarkably good. It burned well, nice ash, but it just wasn’t all that smooth, a little alkaline bite to it.
Now, after finding this stick with almost 5 years on it, it has entirely changed. The wrapper has a very oily appearance to it, a fine amount of bloom, and a very complex smell to it, almost like deep leather and something else I just can’t put my finger on, maybe a hint of peppery spice.
While lighting it, the smell was extremely intoxicating, smooth, rich and toasty.
First draw was very light , yet a little spice and creamyness to it. The smoke was tremendously thicker and more flavorful than the past. More spice, much more leather and a hint of pepper.
Now I’ve had my fair share of the CDG maduro line over the last few years, so it wasn’t a “I smoked one 6 years ago fresh, and one today with age on it” kind of perspective.
About halfway through the spice had become more prominent, and the leather kind of sat at the back of my pallet as a low tone, but it stayed around until the last of the cigar, which was smoked to a finger burning nub.
I am pleasantly surprised at how this cigar had mellowed in some aspects and enhanced in others.

I will probably have to find a few more bundles to “lose” in the humidor for later enjoyment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk