What's new

Casa Fuente.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was recently gifted this cigar by a close friend. It is the Corona Gorda size. I don't know the specific name. First off, I have not smoked an OpusX since new years day. I was just getting tired of the taste, and constant relights I suppose. Thus, I was just a hair hesitant to light this cigar. The cut was clean, and lit like a champ. After lighting, the initial draws were rich and tangy. It kept this flavor profile: Still rich and tangy, with hints of orange. It had slight undertones of the OpusX but much more subtle, then what I had heard before smoking this cigar. Near the end, the cigar did become somewhat zesty, but it still held all the aforementioned flavors. The burn was perfect. And I did not have to relight at all. Again, I do not think it is as strong as the OpusX, though many think it is. It was the best non Cuban I have smoked in some time. Though the price is weighty, I suggest everyone at least try it once. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Slammer

arf arf
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Are these going to available to local shops or are they just going to be sold in the Las Vegas store. Seems like I heard they were only going to available at the Vegas store.

Da Klugs

Fluffmeister
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
HMMM. Have a couple that fellow BOTL's have sent may have to try one this weekend. Thanks for the review Phil.

Da Klugs

Fluffmeister
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
The Prince said:
I was recently gifted this cigar by a close friend. It is the Corona Gorda size. I don't know the specific name. First off, I have not smoked an OpusX since new years day. I was just getting tired of the taste, and constant relights I suppose. Thus, I was just a hair hesitant to light this cigar. The cut was clean, and lit like a champ. After lighting, the initial draws were rich and tangy. It kept this flavor profile: Still rich and tangy, with hints of orange. It had slight undertones of the OpusX but much more subtle, then what I had heard before smoking this cigar. Near the end, the cigar did become somewhat zesty, but it still held all the aforementioned flavors. The burn was perfect. And I did not have to relight at all. Again, I do not think it is as strong as the OpusX, though many think it is. It was the best non Cuban I have smoked in some time. Though the price is weighty, I suggest everyone at least try it once. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Had one last weekend. I agree. Ashed perfect. Truly a different Fuente.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
again, it will only be available on a walk-in basis at the vegas store. so no internet, and no phone orders.

I've had a few and they are sorta meaty with strong hints of cilantro/vegetable notes.

definately not as strong as the opus x, but I can see the resemblance.

vewyphishy

Smoking fish
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
I've had a few and they are sorta meaty with strong hints of cilantro/vegetable notes.
Hmm... not quite sure if this is a flavor I want in my cigar. :wtf: :nodlaugh:

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
it actually wasn't that bad. hmm, I'd have to say it was more herbal than vegetable. sorta like indian food, I guess.

oh crap, I'm going to have to smoke another so I can remember.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only Casa I smoked was the robusto size. I loved it, it had the strength and nose of an Opus, but the Cameroon wrapper gave it a sweetness unlike any Opus I had ever smoked. I would smoke these every day if they were around 8-9 bucks, unfortunately they are only at the Casa store in Vegas and the price is stupid.