What's new

Casa Torano Robusto

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I was gifted this perfect looking cigar by Jesse (Cigar Jack). Thank you for gifting me a cigar I had never tried before Jesse.

The construction was impeccable with a silky smooth colorado wrapper.

The first few draws were full creamy goodness and I was really enjoying the cigar. After the first third the flavours started to seem manufactured, almost unnatural and somewhat chemical like. That didn't last long though as my mouth started to taste like I had eaten some ashes or something. This isn't anything particularly exclusive to this cigar though. It is one of the major reasons I have gravitated to Cuban cigars. Domestically available cigars just seem to create the dry, dusty, ash like felling on my palette.

As I was smoking the cigar I kept somewhat comparing it to the Epicure #1 I smoked on the way to work this AM and two analogies came to mind. If the flavour of the Epicure was like the aroma encountered walking into a B&M tobacconist then the flavour of the Torano was like the aroma experienced when walking into the smoking room in an airport, kinda flat. The other analogy I thought of was grilled cheese sandwhiches and tomato soup. The Epicure was akin to a grilled cheese and tomato soup made with milk and the Torano was like a rice cake and tomato soup made with water.

This cigar was not bad by any means but just couldn't compare. Not just to the Epicure but to other NCs I smoked before I made the transition to Cuban cigars i.e.Hemingways, Opus, VSG, or Davidoff Gran Cru No. 2. Now I know those don't really compare dollar wise but that's what I smoked. Dollar wise I think I would rather have a thousands series Padron.

Iceman

Lover of Good Things...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A shame you didnt care for the Casa Torano. Nothing worse than wasting your cigar time with one you dont like a lot. For me, I like to kick back and enjoy a tasty stick and feel cheated when they aren't up to snuff.

I heard Cigar Dave mention the Casa Torano and read a good review of it at Cigar-Review.com and had to give it a shot.

http://cigar-review.com/index2.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=0&page=viewtopic&t=268

I loved it. I prefer a mild to medium cigar and found the Casa Torano to be right up my alley. Maybe that is why you found it a bit bland. IMHO, another great entry in the Torano line. I just ordered a 5 pack sampler of all the Torano Robustos. I am drooling with anticipation... :pimp2: