What's new

Casa Torano Torpedo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got my first boxes of Carlos Torano in and the Casa Torano Torpedo’s immediately caught my eye. The colorful box made me feel like a kid in a candy store, I almost used the box cutter on the wrong side trying to get it open. Once I settled down and realized that all I had to do was pull the lid, I got it straightened out.

The presentation was phenomenal. Some manufactures don’t seem to pay attention to details like Carlos Torano apparently does. All the cigars where lined up symmetrically as they should be. The bands were all straight, and every cigar was in perfect condition. The best part was realizing that they included a Humipak to keep the cigars fresh. I reached in, picked my first smoke, and set it aside for my ride home.

Once I was ready to smoke the cigar, I pulled it out of the cellophane and had a closer look. The wrapper was even and had a silky texture. The cigar had a delicate, almost leathery aroma. I clipped the Torpedo using my trusty credit card sized guillotine cutter, toasted the end and lit it up. Immediately I could tell this was going to be an excellent smoke.

The cigar started out with a smooth, almost creamy flavor which lasted from start to finish. After about a quarter of the way through I started tasting a nutty, mildly spicy aroma which pleasantly added to the experience. I did not detect any sort of bitterness at any point in the smoke (which I personally don’t enjoy in a cigar).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you very much. One of the best cigars that I've had the pleasure of smoking in a while. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the other cigars in the Torano line as well.