What's new

Castro stepping down.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just think it's too early to tell and with too many variables. How involved will Raul be? Cuban is running out of allies so how long before they have to work with the US. How willing will this and future administrations be to modernize our relationship with Cuba?

Personally I think it's just a matter of time before relations thaw between the US and Cuba, how long and how is the question.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Cuba has been like it is for many years, if Castro supports, or appoints a person will a similar ideology. Cuba will continue to be the same old Cuba.

Cuba sell most all of its Cigar to places other then the USA, it trade with most of the World for what it needs.

The only way to see what Cuba will become is to watch it happen, speculation is just a best guess. IMHO

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Oh I completely agree Castro will continue to have a significant influence from the backseat but hopefully given how trump has been handling the North Korea situation I’m hoping he and the rest of the decision makers see this change of power as a potential start to a new trade ally which would benefit all parties involved.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Also the Castro brothers had a beef with the U.S.A., going back to the 1960's, they have long memories. I live in Miami, Florida before Castro's came to power. People from both places use to move back & forth to enjoy each other country.

Will Cuba & the U.S.A., ever kiss and makeup? Anything is possible, time will tell.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Worst thing to happen for the Cuban cigar market in the USA is trade to start back up.

Can you imagine the cost and drop in quality if the largest cigar market in the world became available to Cuba?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
At least as long as Florida remains a swing state. But old men die and the young take over with different views and fewer bad memories. Been 60 years and the people that lived it are passing on. Look at how our relationship with Vietnam changed and I have/had serious misgivings about normalizing that relationship.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
For those who are involved personally in the life & death struggle to stay on top of who’s in power in Cuba, the Half-Wheel Cigar Blog or what ever it is you call it hd their best guess this AM. Yes they came up with a name of the latest, greatest, dictator to keep cuban lives in a state of misery.

So here can be the “haves”, and “have nothing” like in every society be in the world, be it communist, democratic republic, or monarchy.

Honestly I am not personally worried about Cuba, when I can purchase pretty good Non cuban cigars made from Cuban seed, and not have to worry if my CC’s are FAKES soon to be with stick on the box to make you mader, after some creep ripped you off. Made In China Sucker. LOL

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If you do any research at all the "New Guy" is even more of a tyrant than the "Old Guy".

The Cuban citizens still will be living on 30 bucks a month.... not much will change.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sounds like Hope & Change is coming. They can keep their crappy lives, keep being oppressed, keep everything thing they have, keep everything the same. Sounds like another politico we know? LOL