What's new

Catalyst Pre-workout Review

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to throw out a quick review of Momentum Nutrition's Catalyst Pre-workout. Why? Because it's awesome! Oh, and also because I found about it through a brother @ENV here on the forum.

I PM'd Ed a while back to inquire about Catalyst because I was on the verge of picking up Pre Jym to try out a new pre-workout. I looked into Catalyst a little bit and liked what I read. Momentum is completely transparent as to what is in their pre-workout (no proprietary blends) which is another plus and the main reason I was thinking of getting Pre Jym. After talking to Ed I decided to use the discount code and pick some up for both my brother and myself.

Long story short... this stuff works! I love that I don't have the jitters and itchiness that I've always gotten from other pre-workouts, but still have the drive and longevity to finish my workouts with energy to spare (I like to go shoot hoops to wind down now, and I have enough energy to do it).

You feel this stuff mentally and physically working. Even recovery time between sets is shortened a little bit. The melon flavor is far and away the best I've had in a pre-workout (almost good, not just "pre-workout" good).

I gave it to my wife yesterday (she never takes pre-workouts because she is afraid her "heart will explode" ha, her words not mine) and she said she felt like she had one of her better workouts. She didn't tire out and was able to push herself longer. I might have to pick up some just for her so she doesn't use up all of mine!

To wrap up, I give Catalyst a 10/10 right now. Is there better out there? Possibly. I'm sure there will be better down the road. But have I personally found a better one? Nope. Even my buddies on Pre Jym are wanting to try it out now.

If you're in the market for a new pre-workout, don't even hesitate to try this! Contact @ENV and get yourself some, you won't regret it!

Thanks again, Ed!

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
great review, i picked up some from Ed as well, still working on finishing off my current pre-workout before switching over.

mind if i ask, did you start off with half-a-dose to check your reaction or did you go the full recommended dose.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I just went with a full dose right off the bat. I figured that since I was already on full doses of my previous pre-workouts I didn't need to wean myself onto it. If I hadn't used a pre-workout before I would have started with a half-dose.

My wife tried a half-dose first, then the next day tried a full dose. She's about 130 pounds wet and she didn't feel any negative side effects at all. I'm about 175, and a full scoop is perfect.

Be warned: I hardly sweat, it's just something weird about my body that I can't explain. But when I use this stuff, I am constantly wiping myself off. I don't know what's causing that, and it's not a bad thing at all. I actually like that I can feel myself sweating because I feel like I am working harder. But if you sweat a lot already, you might want to bring a towel with you!

Reactions: ENV
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
sweet, good to know. i'm guessing i have about a two week supply of my current stuff before i switch over. i'll prob go with half-a-dose first just to see how it is and then quickly jump to the full dose. can't wait to try it out, this stuff sounds awesome. i'll report back in a few weeks.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I don't think you'll be disappointed! This stuff is great. If you're used to the feeling of jitters and the beta-alanine itch then you might wonder if it's going to work. Just give it a good week and I think you'll be impressed by the effectiveness. Combine the flavor, effectiveness, and cost, and you've got a great supplement.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Thank you guys for supporting the dream. We dosed the product with actual clinical dosages. We did not want anything underdosed so it is truly a one scoop product. Some people can take 2 scoops but thats too much for me and I have been using it since the beta testing (unflavored=yuck) days!

This is a great review and I appreciate the feedback. If you are part of any bodybuilding forums/groups please spread the word there as well. We are growing every single day but we take the time out to make sure our customers are truly happy.

Thanks again!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I don't think you'll be disappointed! This stuff is great. If you're used to the feeling of jitters and the beta-alanine itch then you might wonder if it's going to work. Just give it a good week and I think you'll be impressed by the effectiveness. Combine the flavor, effectiveness, and cost, and you've got a great supplement.
Just a quick FYI if you are the type that likes the Beta Alanine tingles, take Catalyst on an empty stomach. The tingles will come in hard. We use more BA per scoop than 95% of the other brands. Our 3.2g dose is an actual dose in one scoop. Empty stomach will make you tingle from nose to toes ahhaha.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just a quick FYI if you are the type that likes the Beta Alanine tingles, take Catalyst on an empty stomach. The tingles will come in hard. We use more BA per scoop than 95% of the other brands. Our 3.2g dose is an actual dose in one scoop. Empty stomach will make you tingle from nose to toes ahhaha.
That could be why I'm not getting the tingles then. I usually work out about an hour after dinner (just a convenient time). Although on Saturday I work out at 10 AM or so, and I don't eat before hand. Even still this stuff doesn't drive me nuts like other products have. I feel the energy, but not as much the tingles. May just be my experience, but either way I love this product!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I like the tingles!!! I've still got some pump HD in the reserves, not overly satisfied with it. gives me a stomach ache on a full dose and I crash pretty hard if I don't spread the drink out over about 30 minutes.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Thank you guys for supporting the dream. We dosed the product with actual clinical dosages. We did not want anything underdosed so it is truly a one scoop product. Some people can take 2 scoops but thats too much for me and I have been using it since the beta testing (unflavored=yuck) days!

This is a great review and I appreciate the feedback. If you are part of any bodybuilding forums/groups please spread the word there as well. We are growing every single day but we take the time out to make sure our customers are truly happy.

Thanks again!
I have an extremely high tolerance for Caffeine the only pre-worktout I have found that wakes me up is GAT's Nitrix how does this compare?

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I like the tingles!!! I've still got some pump HD in the reserves, not overly satisfied with it. gives me a stomach ache on a full dose and I crash pretty hard if I don't spread the drink out over about 30 minutes.
Once you run out of pump hd give CATALYST a shot. You WONT be disappointed!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Intresante....

I've been meaning to get back into working out. Never used a "pre-workout" supplement before, but this has me intrigued. Where's the best place to purchase?

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Intresante....

I've been meaning to get back into working out. Never used a "pre-workout" supplement before, but this has me intrigued. Where's the best place to purchase?
You can get it direct through us at www.momentum-nutrition.com also on Amazon and by next week we will be on Thatsupplementguy.com as well as a couple of other retailers within the month.

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
It looks like its been a few months since there has been any updates/new reviews, so figured that I would share my experience. I was previously using supplements from Mountain Ops and Complete Nutrition. After finishing off what I had on hand, I received my shipment from Eddy. I ordered the Catalyst (blueberry lemonade flavor) and the Amino Beyond (strawberry pineapple). I've been using them both for two weeks as of today. My experience is very similar to @04EDGE40.
I workout in the afternoons, typically around 1430-1500. I take the catalyst about 30 minutes prior to hitting the gym. The taste is pretty good, with a little tangy tartness (obviously from the lemonade flavoring). A lesson learned that's worth mentioning. I do NOT recommend shaking your water bottle vigorously to mix the powder and water. To completely dissolve the powder in the water, I have found that gently turning the bottle upside down and back, results in a complete dissolve rate with no foam. Just my personal experience. And this goes for both supplements. As mentioned before, I had zero shakes/jitters or any other effects that some people get from PWs. I started with a full scoop on day one as well, with no issues. Within 15-20 minutes, I could feel my body temperature elevating, indicating it was go time. I have great energy throughout my entire workouts. No crashing afterwards either. During my workouts, I drink the Amino Beyond. I have noticed a decrease in recovery time as well as an increase in pump. I can't contribute those to one product or the other because I've been using both. If I had to guess, I'd say it because of the Catalyst. During my workouts when fatigue starts to set in, I start drinking the Amino Beyond. I've notice that a spike occurs that allows me to keep pushing hard while being able to maintain the current weight, or increase weight in some instances. This is great because I don't have to resort to drop sets too soon. So long story (review) short, I'm pretty impressed to this point. As mentioned earlier, there may be better products out there. But, find me one at the same price point or cheaper, with the same or better quality! Probably won't be able to. My only suggestion would be that the Amino Beyond should come in a 30 serving size to match the Catalyst. Other than that, both products seem to be great and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a little edge! I'm by no means a good reviewer, nor have I ever done a review on a supplement. But these products, in my opinion, were worth the money and the time spent writing this review. Well done Eddy @ENV.
Side note: my workouts are done 5-6 days per week, and are broken into two sessions typically. First session is in the afternoon as previously stated. Typically consists of 5 minutes on the exercise bike to warmup, followed by some push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, back extensions, squats, and stretches (for 2-3 rounds). I will then either do a two body part split on the weights for 60-90 minutes, or a combination of a couple crossfit WODs with some finishing work. In the evenings I will do 25-45 minutes of cardio usually on the stairclimber with a weighted pack (up to 70 lbs), or interval training (sprint/jog). This session is typically done around 2100. Believe it or not, I still manage to have energy and still sweat quite a bit from the supplements. If you're looking for something new, or just looking for something to get you started for the first time, I would recommend looking into both of these supplements.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Im very happy to see your review Aaron! Awesome stuff.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
For all you guys that are giving me these great reviews feel free to copy and paste them onto our facebook page or any other forums you may be on. Ill gladly answer any and all questions to guys that havent tried any yet.

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Im very happy to see your review Aaron! Awesome stuff.
I apologize for being all over the place with it. I probably didn't do as much justice as the products deserve, but hey, that's why I'm not a journalist or writer :) Nonetheless, great products brother!