What's new

CC Virgin.....Update...Cherry Popped!!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I agree with @Master Shake. I think what most people refer to as a “plugged” draw is really just a tighter draw than they are used to with most NCs. When smoking CCs I have come to expect a “milkshake draw” and when things are a little tighter than I would like I will use my pocket knife or a punch to open things up a bit. Generally the “tight” part is in the cap and that normally takes care of it

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Often a cigar opens up, draw wise, once its lit or just a bit into. I cant tell you how many cigars ive had through the years that drew differently then the pre draw. Just a thought.
Aye. But with these that only have one, or just a few of, I hate to take the chance of having to toss it.

I agree with @Master Shake. I think what most people refer to as a “plugged” draw is really just a tighter draw than they are used to with most NCs. When smoking CCs I have come to expect a “milkshake draw” and when things are a little tighter than I would like I will use my pocket knife or a punch to open things up a bit. Generally the “tight” part is in the cap and that normally takes care of it
Yeah, I believe you're right Brian. I've had some success with that, but it seems that a draw tool will be a more helpful solution.
And then there's the ones that have hard spots or are are hard all the way through...

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
@Glassman
If I had that many problem cigars sitting in my humi I wouldn't buy anymore. That's unacceptable in my opinion. Could you imagine if crowned heads or liga put out crap like that. They'd be out of business.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
@Glassman
If I had that many problem cigars sitting in my humi I wouldn't buy anymore. That's unacceptable in my opinion. Could you imagine if crowned heads or liga put out crap like that. They'd be out of business.
True, but Ive had quite a few Boli and Allones, and a Mag 46 that were excellent. I have some NC's with the same problem (not as many) When it comes up, I just set them aside for later.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I just wanted to thank everyone who have replied to this thread and sent PMs. Y’all have been a huge help. THANK YOU ALL!! Any and all help and advice is much appreciated. Please continue here or through PMs. You’ve all been very gentle in helping “pop my cherry” :kiss:

Jody

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
About 5 years ago some members of this community put together a panel to evaluate cigars with plugged and tight draws. I did a little digging and was able to find a post with some of the data that had been crunched. This was basically a very scientific approach to the whole plugged Cigar debate. I have the feeling that many of you may find this quite interesting.

http://www.botl.org/threads/botl-plugged-cigar-review-update-1.67336/

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
About 5 years ago some members of this community put together a panel to evaluate cigars with plugged and tight draws. I did a little digging and was able to find a post with some of the data that had been crunched. This was basically a very scientific approach to the whole plugged Cigar debate. I have the feeling that many of you may find this quite interesting.

http://www.botl.org/threads/botl-plugged-cigar-review-update-1.67336/
Holy shit, that write up is amazing. Should put the whole ccs thing of being plugged to rest!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well guys, I made my first purchase today. Ended up starting out with a cabinet of H. Upmann Connie No1 and a cabinet of Juan Lopez Seleccion No2. Now the wait begins. Hope I made a good decision on what I got. There’s just so many to choose from. I was really torn with the HyJ No2 tubos and Partagas Shorts but the first two were on sale so I went with those. Will go after the other in a couple weeks. Man, this is going to be worse than NC cigars!!!:banghead:

I want to thank all y’all again for all the help and advice. Could have never made this step without y’all. I’m sure I will be pestering the hell out of y’all a lot more in the near future!!:oops: Take care.

Jody

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/
Here is a site that I have found helpful in understanding CC's, I am also a cc newbie. In building a new coolidor, going through my collection I have discovered that some of my sticks I thought were CC's were not. I am looking forward to the new cooler being better organized. I hope I am not breaking any code here.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/
Here is a site that I have found helpful in understanding CC's, I am also a cc newbie. In building a new coolidor, going through my collection I have discovered that some of my sticks I thought were CC's were not. I am looking forward to the new cooler being better organized. I hope I am not breaking any code here.
Thanks for the website. Will definitely give it a look see. I’m trying to read and learn any and everything I can. Yeah, I’m going to have to do a new cooler or one of the larger tupador boxes. I’m can also see I’m headed straight for a NewAir full steam ahead. I’ve got a few more boxes I want to get then I guess I’m headed that way.:greedy:

Jody

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Well guys, I made my first purchase today. Ended up starting out with a cabinet of H. Upmann Connie No1 and a cabinet of Juan Lopez Seleccion No2. Now the wait begins. Hope I made a good decision on what I got. There’s just so many to choose from. I was really torn with the HyJ No2 tubos and Partagas Shorts but the first two were on sale so I went with those. Will go after the other in a couple weeks. Man, this is going to be worse than NC cigars!!!:banghead:

I want to thank all y’all again for all the help and advice. Could have never made this step without y’all. I’m sure I will be pestering the hell out of y’all a lot more in the near future!!:oops: Take care.

Jody
Those are quality pics! I have only had one con. 1. It was super fresh but good. I went two boxes deep. JL2 is probaly a top 5 favorite smoke for me, they are awesome! Im sure you will be happy with your purchase!:cigar::cigar:(y)

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ok guys, I finally got my first CC order in today!! I’ve been so excited waiting on these. Trying to decide if I need to put them in the freezer for a couple days or not. However, I guess technically I’m still a CC virgin since I haven’t smoked a Cuban cigar as of yet. I have a few I got from a fellow brother but I just haven’t had the time to sit down where I can really enjoy it. I hope to remedy that in the next couple days though. Thanks for everyone’s help again.
54D79951-700A-4888-AA50-AE6BB8BEB279.jpeg
Jody

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Ok guys, I finally got my first CC order in today!! I’ve been so excited waiting on these. Trying to decide if I need to put them in the freezer for a couple days or not. However, I guess technically I’m still a CC virgin since I haven’t smoked a Cuban cigar as of yet. I have a few I got from a fellow brother but I just haven’t had the time to sit down where I can really enjoy it. I hope to remedy that in the next couple days though. Thanks for everyone’s help again.
View attachment 112612
Jody
Great choices.