What's new

Cedar trays in or out

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What's up B/SOTL? So I ran into the dreaded out of space problem in my 250ct humidor. I noticed that having the cedar trays in is actually taking up some real estate. Should I ditch the trays to open up another 2-3 rows or is the 3 rows deep I already have too much? I'm rocking the Prestige import group The Salvador

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
For simgles storage, I personally like using trays because it is easier to organize things. I have a mixture of both trays and “bulk” storage in my singles coolidor and it is much easier to look through the cigars on the trays when I am trying to decide what to smoke.

Of course the downside in your situation is that you are not able to store as many cigars in your humidor. My personal solution to that problem was just to buy more storage. Four humidors and three 50 quart coolers later I’m hoping I may have finally caught up with my hoarding tendencies. LOL

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
What's up B/SOTL? So I ran into the dreaded out of space problem in my 250ct humidor. I noticed that having the cedar trays in is actually taking up some real estate. Should I ditch the trays to open up another 2-3 rows or is the 3 rows deep I already have too much? I'm rocking the Prestige import group The Salvador

I recently ran out of space myself so re-seasoned my 1st humidor, a 300 CT glass top, I also had issues with not enough space with the dividers, not trays, so I took em out and now I am able to put more in, btw I'm out of space again.........so Idk, do what ya want, or wait for another knowledgeable botl to chime in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I recently ran out of space myself so re-seasoned my 1st humidor, a 300 CT glass top, I also had issues with not enough space with the dividers, not trays, so I took em out and now I am able to put more in, btw I'm out of space again.........so Idk, do what ya want, or wait for another knowledgeable botl to chime in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah I definitely agree with the dividers! Those were the first to go haha. Hopefully someone that has experience with The Salvador could chime in. It doesn't have your typical one tray, it has two side by side .

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Use tupperware to store your overflow...break apart cedar boxes and put them inside the tupperware flat and put the cigars on top...done deal. Total cost of the tupperware is like $10 for a 2.5 gallon size.
Yeah I thought of that and probably will go that route haha. I just wanted to know how I could maximize what I currently have. Will 4-5 rows be safe stacking? I know the air exchange might not be best but is it ok to stack that deep?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah I thought of that and probably will go that route haha. I just wanted to know how I could maximize what I currently have. Will 4-5 rows be safe stacking? I know the air exchange might not be best but is it ok to stack that deep?

Common knowledge tells us to keep our humis/tuppers at a 3/4 fill rate to have a good air exchange. As long as the humi can accommodate stacking then you're good. I have a couple of 500 count humidors that are stacked at least 10 high with no issues at all and they are filled 3/4 full @65% RH.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Common knowledge tells us to keep our humis/tuppers at a 3/4 fill rate to have a good air exchange. As long as the humi can accommodate stacking then you're good. I have a couple of 500 count humid that are stacked at least 10 high with no issues at all and they are filled 3/4 full @65% RH.
I'm going for it haha. I'm probably going to have it 5 deep at most because of the huge dual Boveda 320g mounted on the lid might crush the sticks upon closure. Thanks guys for the tips! Now I have trays for my new tupperdor