What's new

Cell phone usage increases retail purchase habits?

Cell phone usage increases buying?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Unconclusive

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I work in the retail industry and observed this the other day. It seems like people buy more when using a cell phone in say, a grocery store. I guess they're too busy talking on the phone to do any sort of "value-shopping". I've seen people mindlessly place things in their carts while yakking away.

I wonder if there's any published research about this topic. Thus leads to the poll...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
No idea...I stay the heck off my phone unless I really need to be on it. Of course, I spend a large portion of my work day on the damn phone so that may be why.

:dunno:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The worst is the folks with the handless ear phone dealies. Especially when they have the phone clipped somewhere and you can't see the wire. Creeps me out. lol

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Jwrussell said:
The worst is the folks with the handless ear phone dealies. Especially when they have the phone clipped somewhere and you can't see the wire. Creeps me out. lol
Yeah, it's sure hard to differentiate the schizos nowadays.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I generally won't talk on a cellphone while in a store. Even outside or at work I'll move away from people to talk with more privacy. If I'm in a place where I can't step away, like in line at the store, I just won't answer it.
I'm sure it does make folks mindless about what they're buying though. Just the same way it makes many folks mindless while they're driving.