What's new

Chavez offers relief for Katrina victims

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He should offer New Orleans to take all the scumbag looters back to Venezuela. The looters actions say a lot about our Country's moral fiber. Truly sad.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
The Prince said:
He should offer New Orleans to take all the scumbag looters back to Venezuela. The looters actions say a lot about our Country's moral fiber. Truly sad.
I think it's more to do with the poverty level of NO moreso than our country's moral fiber.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
vipe said:
I think it's more to do with the poverty level of NO moreso than our country's moral fiber.
Or perhaps that their homes are under like 8 feet of water and they can't get to clean clothes or food.

Are they looting like VCRs or TVs? I have only seen food supplies, maybe a frew pairs of jeans. The store owners should have insurance and will end up getting the stuff back anyway. Plus most of it is ruined from the water.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I read somewhere that people had softdrinks and snack foods that they were taking. If the city is submerged and food and fresh water are at a shortage, I would say that would indicate dire circumstances....no?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The devastation down there is just horrific. I can't even imagine what it must be like for the many, many people who've lost everything. I can understand looting to the extent of food and water. People need to feed their families. I would have hoped that part of emergency plans would have included the National Guard or some authority to secure locations holding food and medicine and commandeer those materials to be rationed out to those who need them. Any foodstuffs on the shelves in those stores are a loss to the companies anyway. However, there are also reports that jewelry stores and ATM's have been broken into and that's just plain stealing.
As for Chavez, I think you're both right. It's a generous offer but also one crafted, I'm sure, to improve his image.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This is a bit off topic, but I read yesterday how of course the NG reserves are short because they are doing something else...And I read of the troops dispair of watching what is going on at home and not being able to be there to assist...:-(