What's new

ChefBoyRG54 blind reviews

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Will add pics after i load this since doing on computer but taking pics with phone
@3/5King blind review SSD

Lonsdale plus-ish? corona gorda?
dark wrapper that is a touch toothy
a lil veiny like something you might find here
http://www.reddit.com/r/engorgedveinybreasts

clip the cap and the cold draw has a light spice on the first couple puffs

Im secretly hoping Dave didnt send me something weird since the last was a flop(no fault to Dave by any means). I chose this over a fuente friday anejo, lost city, or black orchid as i pondered a decision. sitting here alone with kids sleeping and wife out so perfect chance to focus and watch some more house of cards while hanging in the Gayrage on a mild evening sitting next to my @StogieGuy55 radiant heater he sent me to share with me some LA heat. Great space heater that can get too hot which is better than the opposite.

lets fire this F-er up!

first impressions
light spice on tongue, in retro, and followed by a maple syrup hint that comes and goes rapidly. surprised(and thrilled) i even caught it!

Ill say this, and ive said before, if youre looking to expand the palette, NOTHING better than blind reviews. trade with some people you know or next time covers a list or owes you some sticks just request they take off the bands on a few or all to make it interesting. I for one like reading them almost as much as doing them. And i really love hearing Dave guess:)

OK, going to settle in for a bit and report back shortly. You wont know that as the reader because it will just be the next sentence, but im painting a picture here, OK! (Shit, got to go get my power cord......see, picture me running inside to get it and ill let you imagine what im wearing{or not}) #shitjustgotweird

spice is heavy with a dark overtone. very Surrogates/Tatuaje like. taking some smaller puffs to focus on flavors behind the spice and getting a bit of sweet cocoa/chocolate and still spice. Alot of it. Not pepper, just tongue biting spice. Not a bad thing since i felt like a powerhouse tonight anyways so fitting the bill just fine thus far.

See you shortly(weird)

As first third continues onward its spice calms down a bit and the cocoa taste turns slightly metallic? Different, unclear. Burn is decent, ash is flaky, held on about half inch+ before falling with a gentle tap.

relight.....nothing more annoying imco(in my cocky opinion)

first third was like March, in like a lion and out like a lamb. Zero spice as it finishes up. after the relight it is burniing well again. Been holding closer to heat source since its cooling quickly out here. More of a slightly sweet flavor, thats about it.

second immediate shows life with the
spice right back to life and the maple sweetness back in the fray(not the horrible band). interesting how it transitioned in and out so cleanly. strange it went right back to the familiar but interesting nonetheless.

Spice comes and goes exchanging sweetness for spice and spice for sweetness. two to three flavors throughout. cocoa, maple, and spice and coming and going. March madness? Burning spectacularly well with slight uneven burn line. smoke output is extreme which i like. draw is easy which i also like.

final third starts with a burn fix, i think i jinxed it...

more of the same in the final third. spice fades in and out followed by sweetness. i would say this is a 6-8 dollar stick at this point based on the flavor profile. Not a bad stick by any means, but lacking complexity beyond the few flavors. doesnt have the variety but can tell it was done by someone who isnt clueless. Maybe a la casita criolo?

strange, a flavor that reminds me of the smell of epoxy jumps in? two part epoxy like one from Loctite in the dual tubes. maybe paint thinner? god, i hope that doesnt come back in the next puff. that was weird...

it went away. strange, now a bit of cedar/wood jumps in. maybe i was imagining but im pretty sure i dont fantasize about lacquer scented objects.

finish was more of the same fading in and out of spice and sweet

overall a decent stick. not something i would chase or necessarily smoke again but thats more due to the fact that i routinely smoke new things and still have a gazillion sticks ive yet to try waiting in my coolers.

score would be 8 of 10. would hope for more flavors but the in and out was a nice touch since it never got boring just lacked variety.

Ill stick with Tat LCC for my guess. Dave?

Last edited:

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
i usually just glance over reviews and head straight to the final thoughts but this was the first full review i've read in a long time. all i can say is, i'm happy for you and your family and wish you all the best, truly commendable what your family is doing for your niece, i'm sure in the end, it'll all work out for the best
i came back here looking for the stout review and saw this. Wanted to say that @TonyRome finally gav eme the sticker books you sent and my kids LOVE them!!!! Thank you very much, i know i diverted the cigar portion of the bomb out of shenanigans but the important parts made their way and were very well received. You hit the Disney Princess them on the head like you have no idea LMAO

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
i came back here looking for the stout review and saw this. Wanted to say that @TonyRome finally gav eme the sticker books you sent and my kids LOVE them!!!! Thank you very much, i know i diverted the cigar portion of the bomb out of shenanigans but the important parts made their way and were very well received. You hit the Disney Princess them on the head like you have no idea LMAO
Nice, glad they liked them. I have nieces and nephews, so seems like I'm always shopping for gifts. Crazy how much kids love stickers. I'll have to thank @TonyRome Parcel for the white glove delivery treatment.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I must have picked one of those up about five times at the bm and never pulled trigger. Glad I didn't :)
Just smoked another of these and they're are getting better to me. I didn't care for the first one but I have two more and needed to review one for @Catawbamatt's bracket contest. I think the RH is lower on this one than the last one I smoked (which was soon after I got them) it's been sitting in 62-65. I think this stick will do even better with another 6months or so.