What's new

Chernobyl?

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Great review.

I’ve been watching it, and I’m really liking it as well. It is pretty intense. I’m wondering how accurate of a portrayal it is. The official death toll was only like 10 people, but watching the show, you don’t know how anyone would survive. The only problem I have (and it’s my problem, not really the show’s) is that I have no idea what people names are. They give the names, but they are some weird Russian name and I soon forget it, then they’ll later talk about someone and I have no idea who they’re referencing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Russian is a tough one for me also.
The show to me is like watching a good Horror movie. I'm a fan of Horror movies , but I don't find them so scary. This show is kinda scary.

The bright red faces of those guys makes you think the whole place is toast!

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Definitely has a horror element, radiation is some scary stuff. It’s up there on the list of most horrible ways I could imagine dying. From I read, it does a fairly good job of accurately portraying the sequence of events, dramatized for television of course. I enjoy the show.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really points out that the Soviet Party members were more concerned about controlling the real story than keeping people safe. Then on the other hand, the heroic efforts of individuals and groups to limit the aftermath is exceptional. The three technicians who went under the core to release the water took real courage since they knew what was going on. There are reports that the three men actually survived.
Then there was the heroic miners digging out under the entire structure of the reactor so the heat exchanger could be installed. It was very sad when the lead miner asked Soviet Deputy Prime Minister, Boris Shcherbina, if the miner’s and their families would be taken care of because of their effort and sacrifice and said, ”I don’t know.” As he walked away.

Last edited: