What's new

Chesapeake Bay Seafood House....Help!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ok here goes people, ever since the seafood house closed up years ago I can not find a place that makes a better "Batter crisp Cod". My wife has tried and failed, I have tried and failed to mimic the same great taste. I know they still have restaurants in Va & Md. Would anyone happen to know the recipe for making this particular Fish. You will only know what Im talking about if you ever had there batter crisp cod! Thanks Good people

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I do not have experience with your reference, but have to throw out a suggestion.

Cod is a really good fish, find a good pub that serves fish and chips. Can be English or Irish, but dang it that is a good meal, better even if the owners are from England or Ireland. I was spoiled many years ago to find a great pub in Nashville, TN, from what I hear it has since closed, but the food was awesome.

Another suggestion is Old Bay Seasoning, add it to batter or sprinkle it over steamed seafood, either way it is awesome.

I have no clue the flavor you are talking about, but these tips will yield great seafood.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks wknd, the flavor was in the batter. They made it so buttery with hints of black pepper baked into the crust inside the meat was so juicy.......ok got a little carried away but you know what I mean. It was Delicious, and the fact that is was all you can eat made it even better.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
William, just for you my friend. I have a friend (Connie) that works at Chesapeake Bay Seafood so I sent her an email and asked for the recipe for "Batter Crisp Cod"....

"Our recipe was good but not too fancy. We used McCormick brand Lemon-Pepper seasoning (Lowry's makes a good one as well) and added that
to flour. Simply dredge the fish in the seasoned flour and fry! For a home version I would use about 2 Tablespoons to 1 cup of flour or "to taste" based on how intense you like it. Enjoy!"

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
No one delivers like Larry! I Appreciate it, Ive been looking for this recipe for a while now. I did a google search with turned up sour. I didn't want to bother you good people with this but, I ran out of options. I'm glad I did. Thanks again Larry!

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Fantastic, Larry. I think I'll have to try that tomorrow night. Gotta start prepping some good fish recipes for Lent that's coming up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was surfing the internet looking for the Chesapeake Bay Seafood House hush puppy recipe and came across this post. I used to work there and made the cod nightly. The recipe was actually VERY simple. It was flour with Lemon Pepper seasoning added. It was dipped in a milk wash, pressed in batter and then done again. That is what made it so crispy is that it was double battered. It was that simple. Still make the same batter to this day. I may be a few years late in answering but at least now you know how to make it :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody help me with a spicy fried shrimp recipe from Chesapeake Bay Seafood House? Been trying to find it for years