What's new

Chew????

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Anybody else out there use smokeless tobacco, ie...chew or dip?? I just decided to quit about a week ago. I didnt think it would be a big deal....after all the nicotine left my system, which seemed to take a couple days, I became pretty irritable. I have found myself smoking more cigars now, I think I'm trying to make up for the lack of nicotine.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Nope, never could get into the stuff. Tried it multiple times when I was in High School but never could get over having to pick all the crap out of my teeth. :lol: Congrats on quiting.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yep, I'm a smokeless tobacco user. I started using Timberwolf Longcut Wintergreen a couple years ago when Skoal got so expensive. I've thought about quitting a number of times but haven't got around to it yet.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Embers said:
Went through the same thing about a month ago. Took at least two or three weeks until people were able to come near me. I also had to cut my coffee intake down by 2/3 so I could sleep at night. A nicotine users metabolism can process caffeine at twice the rate of a non-user.

I also went from 3 ro 4 cigars a week to 7 to 10 a week. I don't know if it is the nicotine that I miss and I am suplimenting an old habit or if it is that my tastes are developing and I am just enjoying cigars more now that I am learning more.

Had no idea about the nicotine and caffeine thing. I drink a shitload of coffee.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I used to chew Redman while in the field in the Army during light restrictions but that was the only time I would use chew. I was a smoker then, but I quit that May 22nd 2004. :smt023

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Unfortunately, I have been chewing for about 22 years. Started with Skoal fine cut and changed to Skoal long cut about 12 years ago.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Skoal was 70 cents when I first started. I think I paid about 4 bucks for a can today.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Never had reasons to really start. Besides the above mentioned reason, about half of my highschool class dipped and one, before we even graduated, had to have surgery on his lips. Of course, I smoked at that point, so can't talk much! :lol:

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When I was working at the shooting range, smoking being prohibited on the line for obvious reasons, I switched to dip, and then, upon entering the Academy, smoking being a bad idea with all the running, I continued to dip...I quit just after leaving the Academy with the misses started harpin on me about it, said she would rather have me smoking again....I wasn't interested in cigarettes any more, so I just gave it all up entirely...I used Timberwolf Wintergreen also....Get 2, sometimes 3 cans for the price of 1 Skol or Copenhagen..

Andrew

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Remember getting a container of those Skoal pre-bagged thingies as a freebie once (you know those little pouches with the tobacco inside - don't even know if they make them anymore). Anyway, tried it and really liked the flavor, so started picking up the Skoal fine cut. Did that for a number of years and finally gave it up around the time I got married.