What's new

Chicken Farm!

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My friend Nick came over tonight and we had a couple cigars together. I had the RASCC and he had his choice between a Montecristo Toro, a Sancho Panza Double Maduro, and a Trilogy Ovation. He didn't like the look of the Sancho Panza, so it was between the monte and the trilogy. He picked up the trilogy, smelled it, and he got this look of disgust on his face.

He then proceeded to tell me that it smelled like a 'chicken farm' so he was going to choose the monte.

:hysterica

That was seriously the laughter bit of my evening! He's a new smoker, btw.

Anyone else have an experience like that?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Chicken farms, horse farms......I don't know. I think Cubans are mildly redolent of the composted cow manure that farmers spread on their fields. Either way, we may be a bunch of strange birds. If our cigars don't smell like shit we don't want 'em! Oh, my.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Chicken farms are bad but pig farms are the worst. My dad lives about a 1/4 mile from one and I have never smelled anything that bad on a farm.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I have no clue about any of these smells, but I am can imagine how bad they could be.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Never had a cigar that smelled like a chicken farm, thank God, but manure, absolutely. The barnyard is your friend.

CoventryCat86

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hal said:
Chicken farms are bad but pig farms are the worst. My dad lives about a 1/4 mile from one and I have never smelled anything that bad on a farm.
EXACTLY!!! That was going to be my response to tedski but I figured I'd see if anyone mentioned pig farms.

OMG, those or HORRIBLE :wtf:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I grew up on a pig and chicken farm. I spent almost EVERY Saturday cleaning the pens of the manure. Lots of shoveling the schitt. At first, it kind of makes you go :wtf: , but after awhile I got immune to it. Now, after living in NYC for 9 years, it's a interesting going back to the farm and seeing how my girls react to smelling the sweet smells!!

Honestly, I always found Chicken manure to be much more offensive than pigs. Now, if the farmer liquifies the manure into holding tanks, that's a different story. Some of the nastiest schitt I've ever smelled.

Good god, I sound like an expert on manure. That's just sad.:frownno:

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I was almost killed by liquified pig manure.... Ahhh the joins of growing up on a farm.

We were pumping the manure out from under one of our hog barns and I went inside. The gas being stirred caused me to almost pass out before I could get back outside.:barf::roundtheh