What's new

Chinatown Tea Score

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Was in the city with the wife yesterday and stopped by my favorite hole in the wall tea shop in Chinatown. Grabbed a few ounces of a number of oolongs and blacks. Owner said she was retiring in a couple months and was looking to sell through her inventory and gave me a great deal. I’m probably going to go back before she shutters if anyone else is interested in some weight, let me know.
A375D2AC-A3DE-4A43-AD11-EDA069B19295.jpeg

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Was in the city with the wife yesterday and stopped by my favorite hole in the wall tea shop in Chinatown. Grabbed a few ounces of a number of oolongs and blacks. Owner said she was retiring in a couple months and was looking to sell through her inventory and gave me a great deal. I’m probably going to go back before she shutters if anyone else is interested in some weight, let me know.
View attachment 127198
What are the prices like?

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know absolutely nothing about Chinese tea

Sent from Area 51 using telepathy
Black tea would be just black tea, oolongs are super delicate and light in flavor from my experience. When steeping black tea you can get away with boiling or just shy of boiling water. Oolongs you want the water to be hot obviously but not that hot

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@Juice idk what all blends she has but I would have interest in English/irish breakfast, earl gray, and maybe an oolong. Or if you have recommendations I would be open to that too

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
My wife is the tea afficianado in our home.
How much for 6 or 8 oz. of the Earl Grey and the best Keemun she has?
Thanks for the heads up!
I grabbed a few ounces of the earl grey blend they had. 2.25/oz was reduced asking but I get an additional 25% or so off when I buy in some quantity.

Smells very bergamotie, will let you know when give it a go.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
@Juice idk what all blends she has but I would have interest in English/irish breakfast, earl gray, and maybe an oolong. Or if you have recommendations I would be open to that too
The stock there is more straight teas than blends. There are some floral/herbal blends, but they don’t really have blended black teas such as when you are looking for. Try yourself a good Chinese black though and you will rethink the heavy astringent black mixes.

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I enjoy black and earl grey, but have never gotten around to trying something that doesn’t come in a little baggie with a string attached. Is it difficult to brew? I’d be interested in trying some black and earl grey

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I enjoy black and earl grey, but have never gotten around to trying something that doesn’t come in a little baggie with a string attached. Is it difficult to brew? I’d be interested in trying some black and earl grey
Nope, not hard at all. You can get yourself a tea ball or just use disposable pounches that turn loose leaf into bagged tea easily. Like cigars mass market gets you only a small percentage of the flavor available in teas as well. Gotta go boutique to get the good stuff.

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Nope, not hard at all. You can get yourself a tea ball or just use disposable pounches that turn loose leaf into bagged tea easily. Like cigars mass market gets you only a small percentage of the flavor available in teas as well. Gotta go boutique to get the good stuff.
Ok, let me know if you go back. I’d like to get some. Thanks!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Certainly she likes New Mexico Tea Company up on Mountain & 12th? I just put in a big order there yesterday for Xmas shit. David is a really nice guy. I like giving him my money.
That is one of her favorite shops, and The Yarn Store in Nob Hill.
She went to Bejing for a guest artist teaching gig this summer and stocked up on a lot of high quality tea that is not available here. I know I married up! Smart, beautiful, well educated, and I must have caught here at a weak moment.