What's new

Cigar Auctioneer mistake

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
It looks like some unfortunate soul had trouble with a decimal point. (Wasn't me. This was just in my watch list, and my jaw dropped when I saw it.) Hope they don't make them pay $525.00 for 18 bucks worth of cigars.
175ladc.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GOOD LORD! I'm sure they'll make him pay, with all the disclaimers and boxes you have to check in order to bid he doesn't really have a lot of excuses. I hope for his safety he's not married.

Rating - 100%
231   0   0
This happens all of the time. We always contact the customer and talk to them. In this case, the customer was fully satisfied with the end cost of the item.

Edit: Meant to post this as the Famous account, but its been a long day. Carry on.
Happened to me once I called and they fixed it on the spot while the auction was still going on

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good at least their understanding, I keep forgetting how different people are in the cigar community. I can't see that being how things turn out if it was a transaction in a different setting and cultural climate.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Glad to hear it had a good resolution. I was worried for the guy.

I'm not surprised Famous contacted him. My second transaction with them was quite a bit larger than my first, and they called to get a vocal confirmation and make sure everything was copesetic before putting it through. Very responsible.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I love Famous' free stuff and $40 off coupons!!! I've gotten a box, plus 10 free sticks, plus a free 5 pack and free shipping. It's like they like giving away the store!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I love Famous' free stuff and $40 off coupons!!! I've gotten a box, plus 10 free sticks, plus a free 5 pack and free shipping. It's like they like giving away the store!
Since you're new here, I thought I'd pass this on, just in case you didn't know. Everyday you can get 15% off at Famous and Cigar Monster on any order over $50 by using the code "BOTLORG". Too bad it doesn't work on CA, lol.