What's new

Cigar Caddy

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I got a 15ct. otterbox for this business trip I'm taking on Tuesday to Houston. I primed the little humidifier, but now I'm thinking that it wasn't needed. I have the foam in my humidor, but I guess it wasn't needed as well.

I've read a few of the posts regarding the caddy and I just have one question...:scratchhe

If I primed the humidifier, should I pop it open and let it dry out a bit before I stick in my cigars?

BTW...I found the vacuum info most informative. I think I would have a shitfit in Texas if I couldn't get it open!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
IMO you don't need to use that thing. If your cigars are already at the right RH thanks to a well maintained humidor you should be all set.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've never used the humidifier in the caddy (I also heard about too much humidity in the container because of it) and have never had a problem. I'd probably let it air dry a bit, or even throw some beads in if you have them.

Definitely take something along that you can use to pry the caddy open with. Last time I flew, I took along and used a pair of nail clippers - worked fine.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The smaller caddies (2, 5, 10 & 15) don't really need the humidifier if it's for a couple of days.

Have noticied flutations if you are travelling from climate to climate in the 15 ct and really noticable in the large caddies. (I guess because of the volume)

~M

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Don't prime it! Soggy cigars. It seals so well that I have gone a week without problem if my cigars were well humidified when I put them in.