What's new

Cigar cases

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I brought a xikar "cassette style" case I think u call it wrapped in leather, with cedar inside a metal or similar top/ bottom but due to heat fluctuations in my car where case normally lives the leather started to unravel from the cardboard under it . I actually thought it was all leather anyway that's another story.

So I'm now tossing up ideas for a new case.

It will mainly be for carrying my cigars whilst I'm in the car, on my boat, or short interstate family trips in my carry on luggage. Then there would be the other longer trips.

I stumbled across these on etsy ,1st one I'd prefer as I like the relaxed natural look but a little worried if I travel with it in my luggage my cigars may still get crushed. Plus it's just leather no cedar ( is cedar necessary ?) I could always line it with some spills I have, also it's not exactly air tight . So I'd be dry boxing the cigars as I go hahaha bonus !

This 2nd one obviously stronger more air tight same thing no cedar but I could add it here too

I think I may have just given myself the answer the top pic for my normal let's say car use and I might need to buy a more sturdy plastic lock /clamp style one I've seen for any longer travels etc .

What you reckon fellas ? Cheers

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Rating - 100%
56   0   0

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Pretty sure the old Xikar can be exchanged for a new Xikar free of charge, no questions asked. Lifetime warranty and all that.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I know that Thompson Cigar does not get a lot of love around these parts but here is a link to a case that I have used for several years and have been very happy with. It's a well built and attractive case and holds 3 cigars quite nicely.
http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ANDRE-GARCIA-3-FINGER-RED-CROCODILE-LEATHER-CASE/91882.uts?subCategoryId=8412&categoryId=8412&parentCategoryId=8406

Word of caution: once you buy something from them they will start calling you, asking you to join their cigar of the month club. When you receive the first call from them, simply tell them to remove you from their list and they will never call you again. IMO it's a small inconvenience to bear in exchange for getting such a great deal on a nice case.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I know that Thompson Cigar does not get a lot of love around these parts but here is a link to a case that I have used for several years and have been very happy with. It's a well built and attractive case and holds 3 cigars quite nicely.
http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ANDRE-GARCIA-3-FINGER-RED-CROCODILE-LEATHER-CASE/91882.uts?subCategoryId=8412&categoryId=8412&parentCategoryId=8406

Word of caution: once you buy something from them they will start calling you, asking you to join their cigar of the month club. When you receive the first call from them, simply tell them to remove you from their list and they will never call you again. IMO it's a small inconvenience to bear in exchange for getting such a great deal on a nice case.
Andre Garcia makes great stuff

The Xikar gets my vote. Crush-proof, moisture cell inside. Airtight seal.
Certainly not as stylish as the Warped jobs but.....
Simple solution, get both :)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0

Two things:

1. who would give them a real phone number?
2. If you buy an Andre Garcia case from them, (and they're well made and clearly very cheap there) understand that you will not have an andre garcia warranty. I bought a very nice Andre Garcia 16-18 cigar case from them (not so cheap) and when the zipper broke, Andre Garcia said "sorry, you're out of luck."

Web

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Pretty sure the old Xikar can be exchanged for a new Xikar free of charge, no questions asked. Lifetime warranty and all that.
correctamundo!!!
I would just return it to Xikar and get another one. I have one of those plus a Xikar travel humidor and love them both!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought a tin 3-finger OpusX case off eBay for like $10 that does the job well enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I recommend this if you are trying to carry a limited number of cigars on a short trip but still be fancy: http://www.warpedcigars.com/collections/cigar-cases
And this for leaving in the car, taking on boat, throwing in luggage, or simply need something that can get beat-up on the day to day: https://www.xikar.com/products/containers/travel-humidors/#
2 great suggestions their. I'm gonna grab one of those hard cases for sure a 10 ct would be perfect for me . Cheers