What's new

Cigar Insider

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Whenever I want to research a cigar before/after I smoke it to see what other people think I check out reviews online. One place would be Cigar Aficionado but they now do this Cigar Insider thing where if you want to see all the reviews you have to pay $50 a year.

Has anyone signed up for this? Is it worth it?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
joshua said:
Whenever I want to research a cigar before/after I smoke it to see what other people think I check out reviews online. One place would be Cigar Aficionado but they now do this Cigar Insider thing where if you want to see all the reviews you have to pay $50 a year.

Has anyone signed up for this? Is it worth it?
Do not waste your money on the periodical. It has very, very little new, and it does vertical tastings of shitty brands. i.e. the taste test several sticks in one brand.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the 2 links above for reviews guys :applause:

I bought Cigar Afficiado years ago, but as i don't have a jet plane, go golfing in Barbados or scuba diving in my gold pants I thought it was a waste of money. I just wanted a magazine about cigars, call me crazy :popeyes: but I didn't want to know which dog goes with my personality etc. Now I have an idea, what about a magazine that just talks about news from the cigar world, please I'm not trying to be subversive, just a little information on my favourite pastime rather than a 'lifestyle' (shudder) magazine. :angryteet

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Johnny,

Cigar Magazine (correct me if I'm wrong on the title guys) is I think put out by JRCigars.com, at least you can subscribe there. Mostly NC stuff, but mostly cigars as well. I've also heard some decent things about Cigar Cult Magazine (again, I think that's the name), which I believe is European based.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've seen the Cigar Magazine in various links and looks the most promising. A few good books is all you really need though. Just update them every couple of years and spend your money on the pleasure itself, cigars. I'm also into whisky and subscribe to Whisky Magazine, but I never get around to reading it and find many new whiskies by myself without its help. I think there is so much information online now that I can do without another magazine stirring at me and making me feel guilty for not reading it :sadstare:

I think if I was to take out a subscription it would be to a cigar club, a few brief notes but the best thing is a package of cigars every month. :smokingme

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Cigar_Jack said:
I use the forums here or at Cigar Weekly and see how people are commenting on the cigars.
I agree! If you want real reviews by people you know (and some that you trust) then there is no better alternative.

With that said, Cigar Magazine is a great magazine and definetly way more enjoyable than CA or Smoke.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
That's why I like the cigar-review site as well. I've seen plenty of people from the boards who have posted reviews there. Just an easy way to look them up.