Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Group

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Self

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did your cigar hobby begin? Who was your biggest inspiration? For me it was my dad. He'd be amazed at the number of sticks out there today. Hell he would've loved herfs too. Good cigars and a good talk.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
All me. Smoked nasty machine made cigars for 15 years as a way to stay awake in the later hours of graveyard shift.

Around 2001, I discovered what a properly humidified, hand rolled smoke could be. Then it became all about the flavor, and then all about the friends.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad introduced me and I started out on cheapo sticks. After he passed my palate expanded and I met new friends through it. He would probably laugh about what I spend on nicer sticks.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I’ll play....and ensue the jokes on how I got started....

Back in end of high school/beginning of college my buddy smoked “cigars” aka Phillies, white owls etc. I tried the strawberry phillies (not knowing they’re used for other types of smoking as well) :banghead:

My Uncle was a big cigar smoker at the time, but has slowed down due to medical reasons. And he introduced me into the real world of cigars. We would go to our local lounge and he got me started with Macanudo’s and it was a slippery slope from there when I began expanding my palate, trying new smokes and brands, researching cigars all across the internet and having a friend show me the awesome community here at BOTL

Pipe and cigar smoking, now here I am.......

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Pretty much go into it myself. Had one on rare occasions starting just out of high school, hand rolled at least. Had a few swishers when I was a juvenile. First hand rolled cigar I think was a Macanudo that I bought and smoked at a party before I left for Navy boot camp. About 5 years ago I moved across the street from an Emerson’s in Va. They had a deal on a humidor and cigars and that was the real start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My first cigar was after graduating Power School in Orlando. A buddy had bought a pair and wanted to smoke em as a graduation celebration. My next one was 6 months later when we graduated from Prototype in Idaho Falls. That was 1993 and 1994. My next cigar was in Aruba on my honeymoon, 2003. Soon after that, 2004, I started picking up a few here and there to smoke with friends while travelling for work. I changed jobs and found a guy that ordered cigars by the box...I had never done such a thing before!
Then somehow I found BOTL and @BrewinHooligan had this thread, "Adventures in Homerolling " and the rest is history!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My first cigar was after graduating Power School in Orlando. A buddy had bought a pair and wanted to smoke em as a graduation celebration. My next one was 6 months later when we graduated from Prototype in Idaho Falls. That was 1993 and 1994. My next cigar was in Aruba on my honeymoon, 2003. Soon after that, 2004, I started picking up a few here and there to smoke with friends while travelling for work. I changed jobs and found a guy that ordered cigars by the box...I had never done such a thing before!
Then somehow I found BOTL and @BrewinHooligan had this thread, "Adventures in Homerolling " and the rest is history!
Small world, I was the last class to graduate from Orlando in ‘98. I remember hitting a SOSA’s in downtown Disney while I was down there and having a Macanudo.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Small world, I was the last class to graduate from Orlando in ‘98. I remember hitting a SOSA’s in downtown Disney while I was down there and having a Macanudo.

That's funny, I was class 9303-T in NFAS, 9306 in NNPS, and I don't remember if prototype had a class number but I was the second to last class out in Idaho.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Got into cigars on my own. Groupon deal of the day in my inbox was 12 sticks for like $25, I thought "that's the weirdest Groupon I've ever seen" and deleted the email but kept thinking about it throughout the day. By the end of the day I decided what the hell, for 25 bucks, let's try it.

At first it was a good way to smoke less cigarettes when I was having a beer, shortly thereafter I gave up cigarettes and kept smoking cigars.

My daughter helped with that - she didn't like cigarettes but approved of cigars. She was 5 at the time; when I told her I was thinking about not smoking cigarettes anymore, she grabbed my last pack and took it straight to the trash can, and I never looked back.

And Chris @CVAC085 , I guarantee the shit I was smoking from that 12 pack Groupon deal (and for a while after) was no better than your Phillies or Macs ;)