What's new

Cigar Jars

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So I'm waiting until Christmas to ask the Lady for a wineador. Until then I've upgraded past my humidor (smaller 60ish) and then a big Tupperdore. Now I'm overflowing again; I've got them both filled and using my Herfers too. Been giving away smokes to friends, but my online clicking far outpaces my puffing. Anyways...

At Wally-world yesterday I saw they had some large cylinders with very tight fitting lids and locks; thick runner seals all around. I'm guessing for sugar/flower/etc. very airtight. They were on clearance for 6 bucks and the Tupperware I was looking at was a little more. I've heard of people using mason jars and similar things, but is there anything inherently wrong with storing cigars vertically? Will the oils settle to the bottom.

I have shelf space for all of them and they have the lock and hinge that will keep them from rolling. Would it be better to lay them on their sides?

And I assume that a boveda pack at the bottom will be fine for humidity. Any recommendations for cheap, but reliable digital hygrometers I can put in three or four of them?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've never used them but I've seen them for sale with a humidifier. I'd say get them and toss a boveda or two in and see what happens.

I have my Talavera jar and store those smokes vertically and I don't notice any issues.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Neither a guide, nor a reference. You've got this thread in the wrong place, brother.
I've seen those used to store cigars before. They should work fine.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rocky Patel, Montecristo, Viaje, and La Flor Dominicana all have cigar lines presented vertically in jars. Like everyone said a boveda and an air tight seal and youre in business

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk