What's new

Cigar King La Luna Robusto

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:barf:

http://www.cigarking.com/finditem.cfm?itemid=7070

I purchased the sampler above thinking to try some more variety as I had never had any of the cigars in the sampler except for the Toraño Signature.

The construction was... somewhat disappointing. I had let it sit in my humidor for about a week to moisten it. The wrapper was peeling beneath the label which I removed most carefully. The cap looked like it was haphazardly stuck on. Pre-light aroma smelled of saccharine, ammonia, and ash. The draw was very good though.

The light was rather bad. I went through three matches trying to get one particular point at the foot to light and no matter my attentions I could not overcome its stubbornness.

I was only able to smoke about 1" of the cigar. The first puff tasted of nearly nothing but produced generous amounts of smoke and continued to produce said smoke even after first light. Like I said earlier, the draw was very easy. However, once the flavor decided to show up I quickly put the cigar out. It was on the milder side of medium but to my senses it was like smoking a stick of ash and piss.

I give it a 15/100.

:hammersma