What's new

Cigar/Liquor closet

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to break ground on my retirement house and shop. Shop plans call for a 4 foot by 5 foot "Closet" that will have an exterior grade wood door with full sized glass panel, that may or may not be etched. The closet will be in the corner of my office / smoking room and share a wall with an unconditioned woodshop. I'm not worried about air quality for the room since all 4 walls will be interior walls and the room will be sealed with 2 inches of closed cell foam, my issue is I would like to be able to control the temperature, but it is such a small space. There will be other rooms like the office that are on a mini split system and I could put a small cartrage in the ceiling, but that might dehumidify to much. Looking for other options since the office will have the doors opened and the ceiling fans turned on if there are several smokers at the same time and the weather is between 45 and 85.

I like the idea of using a wine cellar cooler, but not sure if it will do what I'm looking for. Has anyone used wine cellar cooler for their cigars?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have the same goals and have never considered a wine cellar cooler. I was going to build a sealed walk/step in humidor in a small room (ante chamber) that is cooled with a standard window unit. The sole purpose of the small room will be to cool the humidor closet and provide storage for my liquor and wine. Smoking will be in a larger room that can be ventilated, heated and cooled separately from the small humidor/liquor room

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the middle of planning something similar. Are you planning on using this space as a true walk in? If so, adding a humidifier would remove the issue of taking out to much humidity with the A/C as long as the return for it isn't in the room. I am planning on an interior closet in the house, and currently have a vent directly off my air handler to the space. I'm regularly gone for a couple months a time so I am getting a base reading on the humidity and temperature in that room while I am away. once I get back will start investigating what changes are required once I begin demo/construction.