What's new

Cigar Magazine

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Do you subscribe to any cigar magazines? If so which ones and why?

On a recent trip to Miami I saw several magazines that I had never seen. I also got to see Cigar Press, which I had seen at an event in Paso Robles a couple years ago. Been thinking about subscribing but with the info here and other cool blogs, not sure of the value. Thoughts?

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I have not, since I can get so much, if not all, the information I want from this and other great websites. The other reason is I do not have much other free time.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I don't subscribe to any cigar magazines because:

A) I already have enough magazines to read :laugh:.
B) I can get more up to date information from BOTL and not have to read any ads...which would inevitably lead to me buying cigars...wait BOTL does that any way :grin:.
C) My wife already things I'm nerdy enough.

Dan

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
There is a Spring 2011 Issue out there....Cigar Magazine

That's a JR's/Altadis/Imperial Tobacco issued magazine so who know's how long it will be available.

Cigar Magazine is going bye-bye. They've been sending out refunds for remaining issues left on subscriptions (including mine). If their subscription management had been a touch better it would have sucked.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I got a couple issues of CA for free. Really didn't care for them. An interesting article or two, but overall thumbs down

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
The only reason I would pickup several issues a year was for the up-to-date CC pricing that was in every issue.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I subscribe to Smoke magazine because it of its focus on cigars unlike the other, more popular cigar magazine. However, I have to call bullshit on the rating section. There is either a big discrepency in ratings or every cigar seems to be getting ratings in the 90's as if they taster is affraid to give it a bad rating because they were free (which psychologically does play into how someone feels about something).

In the latest issue, the Di Fazio Picoso got ratings of 81 (good), 93 (excellent) and 96 (superior). I find it hard that a cigar would have that big of a difference in ratings. I can understand a 5 or 6 point spread, but 15 points? Same thing with the Puro D'oro. Ratings went 83, 97 and 93. I'd love for Smoke to sneak a Don Kiki in just out of curiosity and to see who would give it a 90+ rating because it was a free sample.

I wish Smoke and CA could get together and have a child. Keep Smoke's articals and CA's ratings. From my lips to God's ear....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I subscribe to Smoke magazine because it of its focus on cigars unlike the other, more popular cigar magazine. However, I have to call bullshit on the rating section. There is either a big discrepency in ratings or every cigar seems to be getting ratings in the 90's as if they taster is affraid to give it a bad rating because they were free (which psychologically does play into how someone feels about something).

In the latest issue, the Di Fazio Picoso got ratings of 81 (good), 93 (excellent) and 96 (superior). I find it hard that a cigar would have that big of a difference in ratings. I can understand a 5 or 6 point spread, but 15 points? Same thing with the Puro D'oro. Ratings went 83, 97 and 93. I'd love for Smoke to sneak a Don Kiki in just out of curiosity and to see who would give it a 90+ rating because it was a free sample.

I wish Smoke and CA could get together and have a child. Keep Smoke's articals and CA's ratings. From my lips to God's ear....
Have you checked out The Cigar Network? Honest ratings from consumers with cigar related articles.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I do Smoke
Cigar Magazine
CA (free sub so why not)
Cigar Snob
I used to get Cigar City Magazine - a great mag on Tampas past life as a cigar making mecca.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Cigar magazine came to me free from altadis once per quarter. All it really seemed like it was a 75 page advertisement for Altadis Brands, with no cigar information outside of Altadis brands. So it is a biased publication, to say the least. I'll miss it just the same, because it was free, and it looked cool on top of the humi.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Cigar magazine came to me free from altadis once per quarter. All it really seemed like it was a 75 page advertisement for Altadis Brands, with no cigar information outside of Altadis brands. So it is a biased publication, to say the least. I'll miss it just the same, because it was free, and it looked cool on top of the humi.
I get the same free magazine. I read it while on the shitter.:smokingco