What's new

Cigar Mold ISO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured I would reach out here first before pulling the trigger on a certain mold. I’m looking for another 7”-9” 50 ring gauge mold. I have a 7” x 50 that I purchase from Rollerschoice off epray. I’ve been getting a little extra time during certain sessions that I can tend to roll up more than 10. I’ve been debating on just paper strip molding after a certain time to free up the mold, but have noticed that they just need more time. If I was to paper strip mold them after sitting in the plastic mold for let’s say, 12 hours, I’m thinking they would end up being less than a 50 ring gauge… not that big of a deal, but consider me OCD and like consistency. So, before I go spend more $$$ on epray for rollerschoices 9”x 50, just wanted to see if anyone has a 7”-9” x 50 ring gauge (round cap preferred) mold that was collecting dust that wanted to make a couple extra bucks? If not, no worries!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bunches don't contract, they expand. If anything, they will expand in your paper. Unless you are rolling with wet leaf.
Good point. I usually try to case up the binder & filler to the point that they aren’t breaking while trying to roll “entubado”. Lately, for the casing chamber, it’s been about a day or two on the binder. Then, I usually toss the Ligero, Viso, and Seco in the night before. Sometimes, I’ve found that some Ligeros need more time and may need to go in with the binders. I don’t like to roll with leaf that is super wet. I like my filler pliable, where I can rip out the center stems w/o much issue & can roll without the leaf snapping in half. Binder, i usually try to go for medium ish to medium + casing. I like trying to make my binder fairly pliable where I can at least try to make it as consistent as possible.

I should say that I would love to be able to roll up a perfect 50 ring gauge by hand and perhaps May or may not need a paper strip to mold it, but I’ll be honest, I’m not that comfortable or confident yet. I always roll up extras to paper strip mold just to try to not have to rely on the mold for forming, but I suppose I’m at an interesting crossroads here.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good point. I usually try to case up the binder & filler to the point that they aren’t breaking while trying to roll “entubado”. Lately, for the casing chamber, it’s been about a day or two on the binder. Then, I usually toss the Ligero, Viso, and Seco in the night before. Sometimes, I’ve found that some Ligeros need more time and may need to go in with the binders. I don’t like to roll with leaf that is super wet. I like my filler pliable, where I can rip out the center stems w/o much issue & can roll without the leaf snapping in half. Binder, i usually try to go for medium ish to medium + casing. I like trying to make my binder fairly pliable where I can at least try to make it as consistent as possible.

I should say that I would love to be able to roll up a perfect 50 ring gauge by hand and perhaps May or may not need a paper strip to mold it, but I’ll be honest, I’m not that comfortable or confident yet. I always roll up extras to paper strip mold just to try to not have to rely on the mold for forming, but I suppose I’m at an interesting crossroads here.
Well, two 50s would be great. Sometimes I've had three. I'm just saying that if shrinkage is your main worry about post-plastic paper molding to free up your one mold, that's not your main worry, expansion is. So you just gotta roll the paper nice and firm.