What's new

Cigar of the Month Clubs

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Searched and couldn't find anything recent on Cigar of the Month Clubs, and I know that things can change over time, so looking for opinions on people's current cotm choices.

If you belong to one, which one and why?

Opinions on one's to avoid are helpful too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Imho Small Batch COTM is the best. $50 a month and you sometimes get almost $80 worth of smokes. The problem is they are "out of stock" for these subscriptions. Kind of confusing.
A lot of places seem to use COTM clubs as a loss leader. So, they limit the spaces to minimize losses and make them seem more exclusive.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A lot of places seem to use COTM clubs as a loss leader. So, they limit the spaces to minimize losses and make them seem more exclusive.
Makes sense to me...if I happened upon an amazing stick in a COTM delivery, I would definitely go back to them and buy a 5-10er of it at the (hopefully slightly) higher price.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Makes sense to me...if I happened upon an amazing stick in a COTM delivery, I would definitely go back to them and buy a 5-10er of it at the (hopefully slightly) higher price.
I agree. Trying new Cigars every month is my main reason for considering joining a cotm club, as i love trying out new Cigars and finding the occasional gem that I buy more of.
I buy a lot of samplers for the same reason

Last edited:

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nomad and Friends Club not only gives you Nomad cigars, but cigars "from their own humidors". So you get their production cigars, their limited releases, and some from various other "boutique" labels for $39.95.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nomad and Friends Club not only gives you Nomad cigars, but cigars "from their own humidors". So you get their production cigars, their limited releases, and some from various other "boutique" labels for $39.95.
You certainly aren't the first to mention the nomad cotm across the several forums I posted this on. Seems to be in the lead for being mentioned.

Never had any nomad Cigars though, so it makes me a little nervous to join having never tasted anything from them

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You certainly aren't the first to mention the nomad cotm across the several forums I posted this on. Seems to be in the lead for being mentioned.

Never had any nomad Cigars though, so it makes me a little nervous to join having never tasted anything from them

CFed has a Nomad 5-pack sampler for $35. The contents might differ from the picture though. I lucked out with the GB-17 as someone here said it was the best candela on the market.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking at the "latest cigar club arrivals thread", my thought is that Cigars and Pipes seems to send the highest quality variety,...or at least what I would prefer to get of those shown.
I was a member of the small batch $50 club for a few months but got sick of the davidoff frequency and how they commanded a larger portion of the mix dollar wise (a davidoff and one other expensive cigar and a few cheap ones).

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have had Privada cigar club and Smoke inn for a couple of months now. I actually really enjoy both. Smoke inn gives me a variety of medium level cigars at a great price (30). Really allows me to try sticks that I never pulled the trigger on. Privada has relationships with cigar vendors and finds specially made for the club or rare cigars to offer. Pros and cons to this but for me every cigar I have had so far was amazing so it works for me. Also, the farm rolled for 20 bucks a month is really cool as they are high quality sticks. I have enjoyed these so much that I am trying to decide between small batch and cigar and pipes to add another. Just a cool way to smoke different sticks. I am always pressured to buy higher quantity (5 packs or boxes) due to it being cheaper that way so this balances that out.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had Privada cigar club and Smoke inn for a couple of months now. I actually really enjoy both. Smoke inn gives me a variety of medium level cigars at a great price (30). Really allows me to try sticks that I never pulled the trigger on. Privada has relationships with cigar vendors and finds specially made for the club or rare cigars to offer. Pros and cons to this but for me every cigar I have had so far was amazing so it works for me. Also, the farm rolled for 20 bucks a month is really cool as they are high quality sticks. I have enjoyed these so much that I am trying to decide between small batch and cigar and pipes to add another. Just a cool way to smoke different sticks. I am always pressured to buy higher quantity (5 packs or boxes) due to it being cheaper that way so this balances that out.
"Just a cool way to smoke different sticks."

That's exactly my reason behind considering a cotm club.

There are just so many nc's out there that its difficult to decide what to try, other than reading forums and online reviewers and Cigar Aficionado reviews for ideas.

Plus, there are plenty that you can only find as 5 packs or more, and I hate buying a 5 pack of something new just to discover that I don't care for the cigar. Waste of money from my cigar budget, and then I have to pay $8.45 for shipping to give the rest away.

Much prefer trying new ones as 1 or 2 singles as much as possible.

In theory at least, a cotm club really seems to fit the bill for me, but there's a ton of them, all at different prices, so having a hard time choosing one, thus my reason for asking for opinions here.

I have seen Smoke Inn mentioned multiple times across the forums I posted this on, which is a good sign.

Will have to check out the Privada club, as that's the first I've seen it mentioned.

Thanks for your info and opinions

Eta: looks like Privada has a waiting list right now, which is a bummer as who knows how long that will take, but will still check them out

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
"Just a cool way to smoke different sticks."

That's exactly my reason behind considering a cotm club.

There are just so many nc's out there that its difficult to decide what to try, other than reading forums and online reviewers and Cigar Aficionado reviews for ideas.

Plus, there are plenty that you can only find as 5 packs or more, and I hate buying a 5 pack of something new just to discover that I don't care for the cigar. Waste of money from my cigar budget, and then I have to pay $8.45 for shipping to give the rest away.

Much prefer trying new ones as 1 or 2 singles as much as possible.

In theory at least, a cotm club really seems to fit the bill for me, but there's a ton of them, all at different prices, so having a hard time choosing one, thus my reason for asking for opinions here.

I have seen Smoke Inn mentioned multiple times across the forums I posted this on, which is a good sign.

Will have to check out the Privada club, as that's the first I've seen it mentioned.

Thanks for your info and opinions

Eta: looks like Privada has a waiting list right now, which is a bummer as who knows how long that will take, but will still check them out

If you are looking for new sticks to try for the intent of buying more down the road Privada wouldn't be a good choice. Most of the cigars they send are really limited and you won't be able to find them again. I enjoy it as an experience of trying something new and it doesn't bother me that it will be a one time thing since I have smoke inn for the other purpose.

I'd say Smoke inn if you like medium-caliber sticks and Cigar and Pipes if you like the higher-end sticks. Small batch if you are a big Davidoff fan.