What's new

Cigar recommendations - part 2

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A while back I asked y'all to recommend cigars to me. I mentioned that I would prefer "mild/medium" sticks I believe. You made some wonderful recommendations, many of which i ordered and tried! A lot has transpired since then and I am once again seeking your advice. This time with no restrictions save for one: please nothing that is an outright nicotine bomb. I usually only have 1-3 sticks a week, which for me isn't often enough to handle a beastly stick without getting sick yet. But as far as country of origin, wrapper type, etc...go wild.

Your input will determine my next order, brethren! :)

I guess to be more specific, what is a stick or sticks that you think I absolutely HAVE to try?

I apologize in advance if I've already tried something you recommend...my first couple of orders were a really diverse selection of popular sticks aimed at trying to discover my palate (Oliva Serie V, Le Careme, R&J, Hemingway, etc, etc).

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Did you try the maestro del tiempo yet? Also give the Southern Draw "rose of Sharon" a go. And honestly dude, from what you're telling us, it's probably time for you to dive into CC.
I have a Maestro del Tiempo in the 'tub right now. It just came in a couple weeks ago (and I only ordered a single), so I'm giving it a couple more before I smoke it. Never tried any Southern Draw...ill pick one up this order! Oh I agree about CC though...i still dream about the Siglo IV that I had years back. That was next level.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Sign up on small batch and watch their deals. You can try all sorts of fivers. My current favorites are Warped, Bespoke, Black label trading company, but the options are endless, they often have samplers so you can try several of a brand.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have really fell in love with the Caldwell Midnight Express and The T. I've also found the Tabernacle Havana CT to be pretty excellent.

For old standards Drew Estate Under Crown is pretty popular. The Arturo Fuente Don Carlos and Hemingway Maduro are hard to beat classics. Also Perdomo Champagne line of cigars are pretty good and easy to find.

The Roma Craft Intemperance Whiskey Rebellion is also a great smoke.
Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I have really fell in love with the Caldwell Midnight Express and The T. I've also found the Tabernacle Havana CT to be pretty excellent.

For old standards Drew Estate Under Crown is pretty popular. The Arturo Fuente Don Carlos and Hemingway Maduro are hard to beat classics. Also Perdomo Champagne line of cigars are pretty good and easy to find.

The Roma Craft Intemperance Whiskey Rebellion is also a great smoke.
Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Haven't had a Midnight Express in quite a while, very good cigar. The Foundation Tabernacle Havanna CT is excellent for sure.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Rich flavor, but on the milder side of things:
-Roma Craft Intemperance EC
-Dunbarton Sobremesa Brule
-Crowned Heads Luminosa
-Warped La Colmena
-Charter Oak Connecticut
-Caldwell Eastern Standard
-Foundation Tabernacle CT

Medium:
-El Gueguense
-Warped La Hacienda
-Warped Futuro
-Cornelius & Anthony Cornelius

Also, if nic-kick is a problem, try drinking a sugary soda while smoking. I like root beer, cream soda, or Dr. Pepper, personally. The sugar will help cancel out the nicotine.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu
Roma Craft Cromagnon
Crowned Heads La Imperiosa
La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva

I've been rolling my own for a while now but when I buy a commercial stick, those are the ones I look for.

Enjoy the search, there is so much goodness out there to be smoked!