What's new

Cigar Review: Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #2

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Cigar Review: Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #2

I’m finally getting around to exploring the Fuente line outside of my beloved Hemingway’s. I’ve heard good things about the Don Carlos and being a fan of the Cameroon wrapper I could not resist. The cigar was beautifully constructed, which one expects from a cigar coming from Fuente. I did have a bit of a problem with draw at first, but that may have been my fault by not cutting enough off in the first pass, after a second cut the cigar had a nice draw.

The thing I love about Cameroon is how subtle it can be in revealing the flavors and spices. The Cameroon has a wonderfully sweet smell to the smoke that reminds me of toasted vanilla. I’ve also had couple comments from my wife about how she enjoyed the aroma of this cigar (trust me this is not something I normally hear). The cigar has a milder body so picking out the flavors can be tricky if you don’t sit back and really pay attention to this cigar. The flavors that really stuck out reminded of a cup of coffee with cream and sugar added, with maybe a touch of hazelnut.

This is one of the best milder cigars I’ve smoked and will earn a place in the humidor. It won’t be a regular smoke like the Casa Torano, mostly because of cost. Watch what you drink with this, you could easily overpower this cigar with a complex or strong flavored drink. Don’t be afraid of this cigar it is mild enough for novice smoker, but has enough complexity to interest a veteran. Rating 9.6 out of 10.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice review.

AF DC#2 is one of my top-5 smokes. Interesting, though, that to my pallette it is more of a medium-body smoke.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Nice review--Thanks

I definitely noticed a honey sweetness to this cigar. I kept thinking that it came from the wrapper....That maybe I had laid it down on the kitchen counter in some sugar or something! After reading your rebiew, I guess you found some sweet notes as well.

Fabtastic construction as with most Fuentes...Wonderful cigar.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
like the don carlos! i've found they tend to get milder as they age, but i also detect more flavors as well!

great review! thanks!!

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Great review Jack, this has been my go to cigar as of late, and u have hit it right on the money.....
BradMc

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too far away from a trout stream for my liking....
I smoked a DC #2 I've been keeping in the box for a little over a year last week. Good cigar; but, it can not hold a candle to the DC#4 to me. It's just too mild for my tastes. The #4 seems to let more of the cammie wrapper shine through. I have one #2 left in the box out of 3. I'm hoping it will be better than the last two have been.