What's new

Cigar rolling class

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Wow what a great time at this cigar rolling event! There were 3 groups of five people from all walks of lives (ladies, younger cigar enthusiasts, seasoned smokers, heck some people even drove a few hours from other towns to attend!). We all had one thing in common....the love of the leaf. Everyone got to know each other quickly while smoking, talking about our favorite cigars and sizes.

Each group got to roll 2 cigars a piece at each rolling station. There were three different cigar stations with different sizes to roll (corona, robusto, and a toro) and each had a different wrapper with the binder and filler being the same. At each rolling table there was a professional cigar roller helping you along the way. They started by rolling one, going through all of the steps while we watched. Then it was our turn. What I thought was cool was how each of the rollers had their own tequnique for bunching, removing the veins, and for applying the final wrapper and triple cap. But the end product was all the same....and awesome cigar that we got to make from start to finish.

Totally would do this again! It was a ton of fun and very informative. At the end of the day I left with 10 cigars. 6 I made. 2 they rolled using an old cigar mold my Dad picked up for me. And 2 I bought via buy one get one from their walk in humidor.

Thanks Jeff at Bobalus Cigars for hosting the wonderful event.

http://www.bobalu.com

And here's the money shot....lol. I bunched and wrapped all of these except for the bottom left two. Those were from the mold I brought in.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Wow that's amazing!!

Great cigars, I love the different rolling stations that they had! I def would've been all robusto! I wish they had a class like this over here in the NY area. I envy you but am happy you got to experience this! Enjoy the blends! Nothing better than smoking your own rolled cigars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Wow that's amazing!!

Great cigars, I love the different rolling stations that they had! I def would've been all robusto! I wish they had a class like this over here in the NY area. I envy you but am happy you got to experience this! Enjoy the blends! Nothing better than smoking your own rolled cigars.

Check out Martinez cigars. Not sure what part of NY they are in or how close they are to you but I know they are in NY and may be willing to at least let you tour their factory. I know several of us home rollers have bought molds from them.

Looks like an excellent class and your first rolls are way WAY better than the first ones I made. Enjoy in good health!!

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Check out Martinez cigars. Not sure what part of NY they are in or how close they are to you but I know they are in NY and may be willing to at least let you tour their factory. I know several of us home rollers have bought molds from them.

Looks like an excellent class and your first rolls are way WAY better than the first ones I made. Enjoy in good health!!

Seriously? I go there every now and then.. I don't think he has a factory. It's a small shoebox, and they roll right there.. You'd be surprise. Guy's name is Jesus, real cool guy, really cool place.. I had no idea they would let you buy molds from them. Maybe the next time I'm there I'll talk to him. It's in the city right by FIT. Small world! Ha!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Seriously? I go there every now and then.. I don't think he has a factory. It's a small shoebox, and they roll right there.. You'd be surprise. Guy's name is Jesus, real cool guy, really cool place.. I had no idea they would let you buy molds from them. Maybe the next time I'm there I'll talk to him. It's in the city right by FIT. Small world! Ha!

Yeah, he just ordered in new molds and sold off his old ones. He probably doesn't have much left now. Last I heard he only had larger rg stuff left. He was very cool when I was dealing with him through email. I should order some of his sticks sometime as he really hooked me up on the molds I bought.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Yeah, he just ordered in new molds and sold off his old ones. He probably doesn't have much left now. Last I heard he only had larger rg stuff left. He was very cool when I was dealing with him through email. I should order some of his sticks sometime as he really hooked me up on the molds I bought.

Damn. If I was to buy, I would want smaller, like a robu size.. Maybe I'll drop him a line.. Can you PM me the email you been using?

I usually buy the blend number 4 and their cigarillos from them for winter. Very good.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Hi, Jason Cambest, a while ago you told me you were interested in learning how to roll cigars, and asked me about our live training program in Austin, TX.

Each year, we personally train dozens of new rollers, but for many, making the commitment to travel to Austin for a full week and pay the $2000 price is difficult.

Today, we're launching the perfect solution!

Our brand new, learn-at-home course: Rolling Cigars for Fun & Profit!

This course is jam packed with several dozen videos that teach you the exact same steps I would teach you if you came to our live course.

Even better, you can go through the course at your own pace.

We scoured the industry, and cannot find a single course that offers the quality of training, not to mention all the super cool videos that you'll love watching over and over again!

Because you have asked about Roller Training before, we wanted to give you a very special offer.

We want to let you have the course for just $297, that's 70% off the regular price.

All we ask, is that you love the course and believe it deserves a perfect 5 star rating, give us a great review inside the course!

But you have to hurry, we're only going to sell 50 copies at this introductory price before we roll it out to the general public at the full $997 price (still a great deal).

So...

==> If you love cigars...

==> If you're looking for a cool and fun side hustle...

==> or, if you just love to watch very cool cigar rolling videos.

Grab, Rolling Cigars for Fun & Profit right now.

Click Here to Enroll Now.

Thank you again,

Jeff Lipton

Bobalu Cigar Co.
8501A Burnet Road
Austin, TX 78757
(512) 469-5877

P.S. Once you complete your registration, you will get instant access to our beautiful private member area.​

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi, Jason Cambest, a while ago you told me you were interested in learning how to roll cigars, and asked me about our live training program in Austin, TX.

Each year, we personally train dozens of new rollers, but for many, making the commitment to travel to Austin for a full week and pay the $2000 price is difficult.

Today, we're launching the perfect solution!

Our brand new, learn-at-home course: Rolling Cigars for Fun & Profit!

This course is jam packed with several dozen videos that teach you the exact same steps I would teach you if you came to our live course.

Even better, you can go through the course at your own pace.

We scoured the industry, and cannot find a single course that offers the quality of training, not to mention all the super cool videos that you'll love watching over and over again!

Because you have asked about Roller Training before, we wanted to give you a very special offer.

We want to let you have the course for just $297, that's 70% off the regular price.

All we ask, is that you love the course and believe it deserves a perfect 5 star rating, give us a great review inside the course!

But you have to hurry, we're only going to sell 50 copies at this introductory price before we roll it out to the general public at the full $997 price (still a great deal).

So...

==> If you love cigars...

==> If you're looking for a cool and fun side hustle...

==> or, if you just love to watch very cool cigar rolling videos.

Grab, Rolling Cigars for Fun & Profit right now.

Click Here to Enroll Now.

Thank you again,

Jeff Lipton

Bobalu Cigar Co.
8501A Burnet Road
Austin, TX 78757
(512) 469-5877

P.S. Once you complete your registration, you will get instant access to our beautiful private member area.​
Do you know if that price includes tobacco? I don’t think $300 for an online rolling class is worth the money unless they do include tobacco. There are enough videos on YouTube to figure it out on your own for free and spend the 300 on leaf and tools

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you know if that price includes tobacco? I don’t think $300 for an online rolling class is worth the money unless they do include tobacco. There are enough videos on YouTube to figure it out on your own for free and spend the 300 on leaf and tools
I did not call to ask but, someone did stop in to the local from FTT to check it out.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not call to ask but, someone did stop it to the local from FTT to check it out.
I like the part in the ad where he says “looking for a fun side hustle” like he doesn’t know it’s illegal to sell without a permit. I’ve sold plenty of my cigars and still do but putting that on there kind of pisses me off for some reason. I’m sure they use that to lure people in. Let them think they can just roll and sell cigars and have nothing to worry about.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I like the part in the ad where he says “looking for a fun side hustle” like he doesn’t know it’s illegal to sell without a permit. I’ve sold plenty of my cigars and still do but putting that on there kind of pisses me off for some reason. I’m sure they use that to lure people in. Let them think they can just roll and sell cigars and have nothing to worry about.
I just recently lost my job. I need a gig like that.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
At least there's a slight under the table vibe to the phrase "side hustle." I have such a side hustle, and I think many of us here do.