What's new

Cigar Rolling Event?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, I'm sure many of you fine fellows have been to a cigar rolling event or two....

I'm probably going to drop in to a Torano event tomorrow afternoon here in Madison. What are they all about? What should I expect?

Thanks!

:guitar:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Hey, I'm sure many of you fine fellows have been to a cigar rolling event or two....

I'm probably going to drop in to a Torano event tomorrow afternoon here in Madison. What are they all about? What should I expect?

Thanks!

:guitar:
Wear a bathing suit.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Ok. OK. Its a chance to try a freshly made cigar. Very interesting and fun. Also you see how the cigars are put togather and made. Usually the sponsoring maker has a deal on singles and boxes.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If it was like the Torano event we had here recently then it ain't much. Maybe yours is a bigger event. Our event involved a "roller" who only put a wrapper on cigars that were already bound and appeared to already have a wrapper. They called them "freshly rolled". The specials they were running that day involved buying a lot of smokes in order to get the "freebie". They would give you an Exodus to smoke to see if you liked them, that was the one nice offering, but you had to ask, they didn't offer that.

Anywho, not to rain on your parade, but given that it was Torano event, I thought I would chime in since I was just at an event.

I hope yours is better.

gpugliese

Beware the penguins...
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
A friend of mine went to a Torano rolling event and was able to get a "Double Threat" rolled for me.

At 12 inches by 60 rg, the thing is a monster. I'm not sure if I'll ever smoke it, but it's a fun novelty to have.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it was like the Torano event we had here recently then it ain't much. Maybe yours is a bigger event. Our event involved a "roller" who only put a wrapper on cigars that were already bound and appeared to already have a wrapper. They called them "freshly rolled". The specials they were running that day involved buying a lot of smokes in order to get the "freebie". They would give you an Exodus to smoke to see if you liked them, that was the one nice offering, but you had to ask, they didn't offer that.

Anywho, not to rain on your parade, but given that it was Torano event, I thought I would chime in since I was just at an event.

I hope yours is better.
Thanks for the input! I wouldn't expect this event to be any bigger... The shop really isn't all that big... No rain, I'm just glad to have an idea what to expect.

Thanks to everyone else as well. Unfortunately my speedo is still packed away for the winter. Not sure if I'll have time to get it out of storage in time....

Rest assured, I'll def. post pictures if I do!! :bigeyes:

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Thanks for the input! I wouldn't expect this event to be any bigger... The shop really isn't all that big... No rain, I'm just glad to have an idea what to expect.

Thanks to everyone else as well. Unfortunately my speedo is still packed away for the winter. Not sure if I'll have time to get it out of storage in time....

Rest assured, I'll def. post pictures if I do!! :bigeyes:
Damn dude, ya got to post when those things are happening. I would have driven down for that! Keep your bro's informed. :bigeyes:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry Bro, I only found out about it the other day as well!

I'll definitely be on the look out in the future though :thumbsup: