What's new

Cigar Size & Shape Infographic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm not sure if I put this is in the right subsection, but I just wanted to share this infographic > http://www.stogiesontherocks.com/article/cigar-size-and-shape-chart/ < I created it myself and tried to make it as close to scale as possible. I know I've left off some common cigar sizes. I was hoping I could get some input from you all to help me figure out which ones I missed. So if you have any suggestions please copy the part below and add your suggestoins in red font so I can update this infographic! Thanks everyone.

Sizes
1. Lancero (any one know exact specs on this?)

Shapes
A lot of shapes out there and its hard to pin them down, but suggestions are welcomed!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
very cool looking infographic! the burn time is debatable, dependant on personal smoking habits and rate of burn of the specific cigars (some just burn quicker or longer), and there are a whole host of odd figurados out there almost made to intentionally break any classification, but i would find this useful.

would suggest you add salamon, one of the iconic cigar size/shapes.

and when you are done, can i get that in a men's xl? o)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah several people have made comments about the burn time. I'm going to have to edit that. Personally I'm a slow smoker so thats why I put a lot of those in there. But it might be something best left off.

Salamon! Great suggestion thanks.

Mens XL huh? Well I'm going to first work on a poster then a T shirt how does that sound?

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I typically see Robustos as 5x50...but that's not the big thing I see odd about your chart. It looks like you have 40 mins for the burn time...while a Toro, which is 6x50, has 1hr and 50 mins burn time. One extra inch, or so, takes 70 mins to smoke? Doesn't make sense.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great chart! Burn times will be tough to quantify as everyone smokes different... maybe you could find a more objective form of measurement to use on the right hand side of the chart? Or maybe you could compare/contrast American and Cuban vitolas?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Awesome chart!

Yea, the burn times is very hard to list. I've had a Robusto that took me nearly 3 hours to get through, and another that burned away in 35 minutes. *shrugs* Not only are the smokers different, but each cigar is different. I'm loving the chart though, I will have to get the poster once you're done with it. :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man! I actually went and got posters priced on my lunch break b/c I've had a lot of people ask about them. So I'm working on that this weekend. I'm pretty excited about it :) Def removing the smoke times though. Thanks for the feedback.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A traditional lancero is 7 1/2 x 38, though most seem to make them anywhere from 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 inches and 38-42 ring gauge nowadays.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Listen, man, I realize that the smoke time is hard to pinpoint, and there are soo many variables tth account for. But I think its a great graphic. I think keeping the smoke times would be a great resource for newer smokers, give them an idea of how long some common sticks might last (ish). Maybe if you label it as "average" or "expected" smoke time? But great job any way you cut it.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Listen, man, I realize that the smoke time is hard to pinpoint, and there are soo many variables tth account for. But I think its a great graphic. I think keeping the smoke times would be a great resource for newer smokers, give them an idea of how long some common sticks might last (ish). Maybe if you label it as "average" or "expected" smoke time? But great job any way you cut it.
this. also want the t shirt still!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks wooly! Maybe I'll make some adjustments to it and play around with average smoke times. I mean, I doubt Michelangelo would go and mess with the Sistine Chapel after he finished it, right ? :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, but then again I think michelangelo was smoking something stronger than a Macanudo debenture he paintd the sitine chapel. I mean flying, naked cherubs? C'mon?