What's new

Cigar Smoked Cocktail

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cigar Smoked Cocktail

A few weeks back Camacho posted a video on Instagram where someone made a cocktail and used the smoke from their Rum Aged Cigar to flavor it.

I do something similar with wood chips and a Whisky Old Fashioned. But I can’t get it to work with a cigar. My thought is the Cigar burns and leaves the bitter taste in the glass.

Has anyone played with this technique and got it to work? I included a couple of pics of the process of smoking the Old Fashioned.

C12C3B16-BF09-4226-A340-A1FB33C7DA58.jpeg 950EC10A-1488-430A-9566-E0CAC2EE2D75.jpeg

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I've done this with cinnamon, hickory, and sage.. I'll be trying with a cigar soon.. actually, I'll prob try with some pipe baccy.
You might be getting the bitterness from too much smoke. I was taught that a little goes a long way...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I’ll be doing some more experiments with it. I haven’t played around with spices and herbs yet. I usually use maple wood chips. I did do a smoked cocktail using a little RyJ cigarillo and that turned out fine. So it’s frustrating that I can’t replicate that. I’ll just keep playing around until I find a method that works consistently.

Keep me posted on any of the ones you play with.