What's new

Cigar & Spirits Magazine- Your Feedback Requested

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
As many of you know, I've been writing for Cigar & Spirits Magazine for the past few years doing reviews, pairing articles, lounges, etc.

Recently there were some ownership changes and rumblings of concern over what was going to happen to Cigar & Spirits...Well, the ownership transition has been finalized, and the ownership has purchased back full control of the magazine, so no more publishers telling them what to do, what to write, how to do it, etc.

With this change, a unique opportunity presented itself to me...so, it's with great pleasure that I announce that I'm the new Editor for Cigar & Spirits Magazine.

While the magazine has some need to appeal to a wide cigar-smoking audience, I'd like to know what our "hardcore" cigar crowd would like to see more of in their "Ideal" Cigar Magazine. After talking to the owners we have some big plans and changes in mind to do a better job of serving the readership.

So, let me hear it. What do you love about current magazines, what do you hate? What do you want to see more/less of?

I'll do my best to reply and I will take everything you guys post under advisement.

Cheers!

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Would love to see things like OE, CFW and CFCF get more attention. Not just advertising but full feature articles. I enjoy the B&M reviews Cigar Snob has incase I ever visit one of the places reviewed. I know it's a cigar and spirits mag but I'd like to see something pairing cigars and coffee. Oh and congrats Ben on the new position

Cigarth Vader

Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Would love to see things like OE, CFW and CFCF get more attention. Not just advertising but full feature articles. I enjoy the B&M reviews Cigar Snob has incase I ever visit one of the places reviewed. I know it's a cigar and spirits mag but I'd like to see something pairing cigars and coffee. Oh and congrats Ben on the new position
Keep an eye out for the issue that is coming out, there is a full write up that covers OE, CFW, and CFCF along with a couple other charities! One of the things we'd like to do is increase our lounge reviews section, so I'm glad to hear that is something people are interested in.

Let me see what I can do about a BOTL logo @ChuckMejia I might be able to work something out

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
More pics of the cigar Vixon! Ha!
More stories of what is going on in the business, like Halfwheel.
I do like the Vixon though

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Awesome to hear man, congrats! I haven't read a lot of different magazines lately. But this makes me at least wanna try yours out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Congratulations Ben!

Personally I like to read about the nuts and bolts of production. Tobacco being grown, cigars rolled, bourbon being distilled and aged, stuff like that. Naturally reviews and industry news are also quite welcome as well.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
One other thing of note: my biggest knock on the "other" cigar magazine (that will remain nameless) is that they are way too elitist. Not everyone can afford Rolex watches and Ferraris. Personally I prefer a magazine that is not necessarily blue collar but is at least a little more geared towards the common man.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
One other thing of note: my biggest knock on the "other" cigar magazine (that will remain nameless) is that they are way too elitist. Not everyone can afford Rolex watches and Ferraris. Personally I prefer a magazine that is not necessarily blue collar but is at least a little more geared towards the common man.
+1 (y)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Paying bills is paying bills!

Cigarth Vader

Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Yes, you aren't the first to bring that up

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
This^^^ and definitely some more industry news. Maybe some pairings of a drink with a cigar (coffee, spirit, or whatever else) would be nice.

Ohh and make the magazines available in NY at some local B&M's. I see the other guys there.

Sent from my cellular device via Tap to Talk

Cigarth Vader

Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
This^^^ and definitely some more industry news. Maybe some pairings of a drink with a cigar (coffee, spirit, or whatever else) would be nice.

Ohh and make the magazines available in NY at some local B&M's. I see the other guys there.

We will be expanding the pairing section to more than just 1 pairing per issue.

Also, tell your B&M owner/manager to come visit our booth at the IPCPR, every year we give retailers free subscriptions for their customers to enjoy!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have been a fan for a while now. Only input would be add more in depth cigar reviews and pairings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
We will be expanding the pairing section to more than just 1 pairing per issue.

Also, tell your B&M owner/manager to come visit our booth at the IPCPR, every year we give retailers free subscriptions for their customers to enjoy!
Will do!!! I'm pretty close with the manager. Haven't been there in a month or so though...now I have another reason to go!