What's new

Cigar tasting sheet

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I found this last month, but it was tagged with DRAFT in big letters in the middle of it. So I went and did a pdf search on google and found that somebody else had a copy that they had stuck their logo on it.

So here it is, a cigar tasting sheet http://stogiesmoke.com/wp-content/tasting_sheet.png

Also, here is a presentation that went along with the original: http://stogiesmoke.com/wp-content/tasting_presentation.pdf

Pretty cool, might be a fun thing to do at herfs or if anyone likes to write up detailed reviews.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Nice work! Its a bit jumbled with all the languages but very nicely laid out.

Oh and nice work on the logo!

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I've actually been using this sheet for the last 5 or 6 weeks to keep track of what I've been smoking. My spanish is much better as a result too! :rolling:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I plan at some point redoing it by hand. I am thinking maybe a smaller size that you can print out to put in a small binder would be cool. I'll stop at staples or something one of these days and pick out something to see what works best.

Seeing all the other languages is pretty cool. The document was meant for an international get together obviously :)

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Although I understand what you're doing Joshua and appreciate the enthusiasm, I request you not place my work on other's copyrighted work without dual permission.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
vipe said:
Although I understand what you're doing Joshua and appreciate the enthusiasm, I request you not place my work on other's copyrighted work without dual permission.
Actually I was covering up the other site that tagged the file with their own logo... but I'll replace it with white and update the link. No biggie, didn't realize the copyright at the bottom before!

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
joshua said:
Actually I was covering up the other site that tagged the file with their own logo... but I'll replace it with white and update the link. No biggie, didn't realize the copyright at the bottom before!
I understand but it doesn't matter if there's a copyright stated or not, whoever made it is the copyright holder.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yeah you are right, my bad. Removed the logo.

I still want to make my own based on that (from scratch though). If anyone has anything they thing should be added or changed, let me know.

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
joshua said:
Yeah you are right, my bad. Removed the logo.

I still want to make my own based on that (from scratch though). If anyone has anything they thing should be added or changed, let me know.

It's a great idea Josh. Come up with your own rating sheet, with the categories you feel are important and get input from all the guys here.

Then maybe Eric will let you put the logo on there. I think it is a great idea. Keep us updated. :thumbsup:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Would def like to see our own BOTL rating sheet! I would try to use one for all cigars I smoked.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Great idea Josh! After using this sheet about 20 times here's what I would add to it.

- A spot for date and time
- place of purchase
- a spot for time to consume the cigar
- a spot to tape or glue the band. I currently use the open spot in the upper right under the Habanos label
- a bigger section for notes

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.