What's new

Cigar themed Arcade/wineador

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
For lack of a better place to put this thread; here is my recently finished cigar themed arcade wineador combo. The wood is from shipping containers for heavy pallets, I’m told it is either teak or mahogany and the legs are 1 inch iron pipe.

The arcade has about 30k games on it. Basically everything from n64 and earlier. It is built around my wineador. The font used for the sign and the front controls is from Cornilious and Anthony which is one of my favorite brands. The top of the arcade is made up from hundreds of cigar bands; most of which were donated from generous members here.

C5DB2DB5-5E2A-4228-AC0C-0AF180B9BC37.jpeg
22C3D150-8F51-4D96-B1F7-0BC2C674350F.jpeg
5562B17E-5028-45DF-9789-5AE03290A39C.jpeg

Attachments

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Everything is gorgeous ! Totally amazing.
Just one thing. I don't re-purpose or burn pallet wood since many are treated with arsenic to prevent insect and mold.
However people also use old (real) ammo boxes, some which, at least at one time, may have contained lead from the shells.
But it doesn't seem to bother people, and I have Vermiculite insulation in my attic, which is loaded with asbestos.
Hey, I've already ingested plenty of chemicals, brake dust, etc. So I'm not the safety fairy.
So I guess my point is you ever want to make more to distribute out, I'd stay away from pallet wood.
But you're not storing in there anyway and it's laminated so...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Everything is gorgeous ! Totally amazing.
Just one thing. I don't re-purpose or burn pallet wood since many are treated with arsenic to prevent insect and mold.
However people also use old (real) ammo boxes, some which, at least at one time, may have contained lead from the shells.
But it doesn't seem to bother people, and I have Vermiculite insulation in my attic, which is loaded with asbestos.
Hey, I've already ingested plenty of chemicals, brake dust, etc. So I'm not the safety fairy.
So I guess my point is you ever want to make more to distribute out, I'd stay away from pallet wood.
But you're not storing in there anyway and it's laminated so...
It’s not regular pallet wood like your thinking of. It is basically 2.5x3.5 by 8ft boards that are placed into n shippinging containers so that they can load really heavy items like flooring tile etc and have them not sit on the floor. When I was picking the material out I saw some boards that had been crushed from being over loaded, and this stuff is super dense. A bunch of drill bits broke just in drilling pilot holes.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
It’s not regular pallet wood like your thinking of. It is basically 2.5x3.5 by 8ft boards that are placed into n shippinging containers so that they can load really heavy items like flooring tile etc and have them not sit on the floor. When I was picking the material out I saw some boards that had been crushed from being over loaded, and this stuff is super dense. A bunch of drill bits broke just in drilling pilot holes.
Ah. I see that now on the base, yeah. BTW, if you have the old Nintendo box, they are easy to deploy on an RC car chassis. I had one for a while, Wish I had pictures. totally cool.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
For lack of a better place to put this thread; here is my recently finished cigar themed arcade wineador combo. The wood is from shipping containers for heavy pallets, I’m told it is either teak or mahogany and the legs are 1 inch iron pipe.

The arcade has about 30k games on it. Basically everything from n64 and earlier. It is built around my wineador. The font used for the sign and the front controls is from Cornilious and Anthony which is one of my favorite brands. The top of the arcade is made up from hundreds of cigar bands; most of which were donated from generous members here.

View attachment 119301
View attachment 119302
View attachment 119303
You've given me a woody.
Out freaking standing!