What's new

Cigar Tour - La Aurora

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So, a friend of mine, owner of a Cigar Shop, organized a cigar tour to La Aurora in Santiago. It was going to include a blending session but we didn't have the time, so we decided to visit the factory and do a tasting seminar. The whole trip was awesome, I got to roll one cigar (first time ever) and we even met Guillermo Leon himself. They gave us an excellent meal, great gifts (i didn't win the ashtrays even when they raffled like 10!!) and great people there.

Here are the pictures: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDgPFT3

We started with this beautiful day.

Then this awesome breakfast:

This is when we arrived to the factory.

This guy rolls Preferidos, he was rolling Preferidos No.2 there, and the guy has been there for 32 years. It was awesome listening to him, how he rolls it, how he knows leaves are humid enough or not, etc.

This is the packaging area where I found La Sirena Cigars!! And some other cigars that are not yet on the market ;)

That's the boss, Guillermo Leon (very nice man) and on my left, my friend who organized the tour. I'm the guy in the middle.

One of the gifts, after the tasting seminar. It is a 1495 maybe churchill size? With 4 wrappers. The first part has no wrapper, then 4 wrappers (even tho you can only notice 3 in the picture)

Another set of gifts...a Vintage 2003 and a box of the New Leon Jimenes Prestige with 3 cigars inside. I also received a La Aurora Preferido Platinum (the new Platinum one with the connecticut broadleaf wrapper)

Attachments