What's new

Cigar under the faucet?!?!

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
This guy does that water technique at the 8:40 mark of the video. This was the first time I saw that and I thought it was crazy

he explains it here:

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t do it. However, to each, his own...

As long as you percieve you get a benefit from doing this go ahead. Perception is reality to the beholder.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I’ve heard of it; there has been a bit of discussion regarding this on another forum. I can’t remember which one. My day used to always lick his cigars before lighting. He said it made them smoother? This is not a practice that I endorse by any means!

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I've tried the stick under the water one time. Yes it worked, the cigar did not fall apart, and it smoked well. Did I notice a real difference? No. Was it an aged beauty? No. Would I do it again? Perhaps, but I really don't see this becoming a regular routine.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Wetting the wrapper wakes it up and helps to keep an even burn.
I use a couple drops of water on my fingers, I do not do the faucet immersion trick.
This is extra effective in cold or dry climates, where a wrapper might split.
Remember to keep the foot down.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
It actually works very well I've tried it a few times. Surprisingly it doesn't get the leaf wet and it burned very well. I only did it with a few yard gard though.
I went with the yard gar as well. The wrapper dries up quick, maybe it’s the oils that coat the wrappers intiriallt that protect it and don’t let the wrapper get fully wet