What's new

Cigarfest 2017@Serious Cigar in Houston

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
This is the haul from the gift bag from the Texas Cigar Festival 04/22/2017. I didn't know what to expect from the festival and my timing of the buying freeze contest, made it a little tough. Stayed about an hour, didn't find many friendly folks, asked20170423_224248.jpg one person if we could sit at his table and was told he was saving seats for his friends, he was alone, and there were 5 empty seats. So I wasn't impressed at my first festival.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'll keep my opinions about Texas to myself!! Did you get to try anything new? Where the vendors and manufacturers easy to talk to.

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I wasn't planning to buy anything at the festival, many of the sticks in the gift bag are new. The real positive was visiting the shop "El Cubano" in Texas City, had a Dominican hand rolled there in Texas City. It was an incredible experience. I plan to buy these in the future, after the buying freeze is over. Yes the vendors were easy and ready to speak with everyone. They were trying to sell product, and if I were in a buying position I am sure they would have been even more friendly.
The two BIG pluses' to my trip, was spending time with Phil, and finally visiting "El Cubano" and the biggest was getting away from and decompressing from all of the "STUFF" going on here at home.

Note: Phil and I have been friends since grade school, and have that connection that you can talk about anything and everything, with complete freedom, and without worrying about fear of being ostracized or rejected.

Ventura Cigar

Retailer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you happen to find us at the show? Would love to hear your thoughts on the Archetype Dreamstate you got in the gift bag!

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have the cigars from the Fest in my cooler, I usually let them acclimate for a month or so before I smoke new sticks, I'll be glad to let you know what I think when I get to it.