What's new

Cigarmony Cedar Boxes

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone had this problem before. I ordered three cedar boxes (corona gorda size) from cigarmony.com and when I got them I realized that the inside dimensions were the exact same size as the cigars making it impossible to actually fit 25 ccorona gorda sized cigars in the box. I contacted the seller and he said that this has never been a problem, but I got three boxes that all had the same problem! I tried three cigars in all boxes (punch RS # 11, mag 46, and SLR serie A) and none of them fit. While the seller offered to give me a refund if I sent them back , I used a dremel to sand the inside of the boxes to free room. Now they all fit in the boxes, but only after an hour of work on the boxes. I tried to get ahold of the seller to ask him if further boxes would have this problem, because I will need more cedar boxes, but he never got back to me. I guess if it seems to good to be true, it really is.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Hmmmm, I know Mark put a lot of time and energy into getting those boxes right, that is weird.

I don't think he is selling anymore though because they took the craftsman so long to make that they would end up costing more, even without any profit for Cigarmony.

I hate to even bring this up but are you 100% confident on the legitimacy of your cigars?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Hmmmm, I know Mark put a lot of time and energy into getting those boxes right, that is weird.

I don't think he is selling anymore though because they took the craftsman so long to make that they would end up costing more, even without any profit for Cigarmony.

I hate to even bring this up but are you 100% confident on the legitimacy of your cigars?
Yes, I am 100 percent sure of the authenticity of my cigars. And the cigars are different brands, and even from different years. So the chances of them having natural fluctuaions in size are greater, but they all didnt fit so I know the box is the problem. I wouldnt even bother getting the cigars without the boxes and the bands, but this particular vender can get cigars that are 2 or 3 years older than anywhere else and the most incredible mag 46's I have ever smoked have come from him! Oh well, it isn't that big of a deal, just would have been nice to not have to sand the boxes down and i havent found anywhere else to buy boxes like these.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I hear you about the boxes. We were all very excited when Mark started selling these but the size of his operation made them not very cost effective.

If they were being made in a factory somewhere...maybe...but these were all hand made by one man in Virginia. It took him forever to make them and it was very expensive.

I'm going to try and find the pictures of the process Mark posted else where.

It is still weird that they are too small considering how meticulous Mark is.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
hmmm I find that odd. Everyone else that has them has not had an issue. Glad you were able to get them to fit the cigars though.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
FYI: Mark is out in Vegas at the RTDA and has been a busy little beaver.

He'll be back in Va shortly and able to reply to you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hate to repeat what has already been said but I am shocked that with the OCD that Mark has these arent perfect

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Ratbert said:
Those are just beautiful boxes...I hate to hear that he's not going to be carrying them anymore.
Too much labor to make them at a reasonable price. They are now EL boxes due to the demand. :rofl: