What's new

CigarOasis. Do I need the WiFi?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m thinking of using a cigar oasis for my wineador coming in a few days and thinking of getting the cigar oasis plus (250 ct wineador) should I go bigger?

I was thinking if I should get the WiFi attachment? Or if I should just spend the $100 on more cigars.

Planning to have 3 digital hygrometers to monitor each level of the humidor.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
There are enough wineador threads on here that you could make building one the subject of a dissertation. Hard to add any more than has not already been provided by so many knowledgeable folks. Maybe it's info overload; If that's the case, then you're probably overthinking it... there is more than one way to skin this cat, and if you've done your homework you'll be fine. The cigar oasis is (IMHO) overkill, but it should work, and I believe others are using it. If someone else has gotten it to work, you should be able to as well.
The WiFi seems useful if you:
1) Are into gadgets/tinkering. (probably tons of fun)
2) Have unstable power or cigar molesting gremlins that mess with your stuff and you need to stay on top of things.
3) Just want it. It's your money.
I would not recommend the WiFi if:
1) You think it's needed. (It's not)
2) You are the nervous sort who is going to fidget with and check on your cigars every 15 seconds. (Relax. Have a cigar.)

All a thermoelectric wineador needs is some sort of decent humidification, some sort of circulation, an environment within 20 degrees or so of the temp you're going for, and time to set it up and let it settle down. The rest is you, enjoying your stash. :cigar:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m thinking of using a cigar oasis for my wineador coming in a few days and thinking of getting the cigar oasis plus (250 ct wineador) should I go bigger?

I was thinking if I should get the WiFi attachment? Or if I should just spend the $100 on more cigars.

Planning to have 3 digital hygrometers to monitor each level of the humidor.
Hello, first non into post so don't shoot me. :)

I got the Newair CC-300 a couple of months ago with the Cigar Oasis Plus. Here are my thoughts...
1) I would go bigger, it is not that hard to fill up and a good reason to buy more cigars.
2) I got the WiFi attachment and if I had to do again I would not get it. I like being able to see what the unit is doing remotely but that app and website are pretty average at best. I hope they do something to update them in the future. I would probably get a 3rd party remote sensor and call it a day.
3) I do have 3 hygrometers in my unit and you will see humidity differences on each level if additional fans are not added, but for me it is usually only a 1 or 2 percent difference. I can live with that.​