What's new

CigarObsession video on Cigars International

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Kinda curious what everyone's take is on this and if anyone knows anymore about it. I can't find a ton of information on it but think this video is pretty freaking crazy. I guess you get what you pay for.
Crap Fake Cigars:

The worst part about this is gonna be people cutting up good cigars to figure out what the bad ones are...
http://cigarobsession.com/2015/03/02/confirmed-rebanded-crap-cigars/

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Well depending on who/what you believe, they've also been accused of selling fake Fuente stuff. I didn't see any resolution from any trusted source refuting those claims either, but I suppose I could've missed something. I do know that Trish was up in arms about denying the hell out of it on the cbid board but that hasn't made the claims disappear. I don't know what to make out of the fact that it only seems to be the CI brands either, its definitely a very strange and unsettling situation.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unless they changed it, the description for all 4 of the Los Blancos sticks say nothing about long filler. One of the reviewers even mentions Cuban Sandwich.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe it's naivete but I'd be completely shocked if a retailer of that size would risk the backlash associated with what would come if these claims were all true. Of course, when money is involved it's hard to believe motives are in the right place but....

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I don't trust the cigar obsession guy. When we see this posted from a reliable source ill consider, but in the meanwhile it seems like a plot to get more hits on his videos.

Look how he uses beads, and how he says anyone doing otherwise are morons.

Do we have any reliable source confirming any of this?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've never had any bad dealings with CI, or cigarbid. And I usually have to trust my own experiences over the word of a quasi YouTube celebrity. Granted I have never tried any of the cigars that he has issue with, but my Tatuajes look and smoke like tatuaje. Same with the padrons, Alec bradley, room101, and the other +50 orders I've placed with them.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've never had any bad dealings with CI, or cigarbid. And I usually have to trust my own experiences over the word of a quasi YouTube celebrity. Granted I have never tried any of the cigars that he has issue with, but my Tatuajes look and smoke like tatuaje. Same with the padrons, Alec bradley, room101, and the other +50 orders I've placed with them.
Yep, all of my Cbid or CI orders have seemed 100% legit. However, we did have a Gurkha Sherpa candela show up on this board from CI. So, something weird is happening around there. I say, stay away from the mystery samplers and the rebranded and remixed CI blends and you should be alright. Also, don't buy sticks that sell for $1.43 at full retail. That is never going to end well.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Actually the Los Blancos sell for $1.63. I was off by $0.20. Still even Blanco admitted that he sold the left over packaging to CI and that they reblended the cigar with his knowledge. He admits that CI told him they received shipments that had issues.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Oh wow.. Yeah I just saw that around 23 minutes in. There is obviously sole issues to be worked out in the future. I am skeptical as well though.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Never had any issues with CI. This is a first for me seeing this ever. I've purchased from them numerous times and never had any issues from the beginning to the end when the packages arrived at my door. Everything was fresh and what I ordered. In perfect condition. BUT I'll never ever do those "brown bag samplers" or mystery boxes etc from any on-line retailer. I just simply won't trust them with that.