What's new

Cigars and Beer, feat Pete Johnson

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I posted this in the libations forum but figured it probably should have been here too/instead. Sorry for the dupe, feel free to lock/delete one as appropriate.

I was roaming around the Brewing Network and found that Pete Johnson appeared on the Brewing Networks Sunday Session podcast a week ago on an episode called "Cigars and Beer".

http://thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/The-Sunday-Session

The Session: 08-22-10 - Brian Berman and Pete Johnson on Cigars and Beer
Recap:
Justin is still fighting a lung infection, just in time for the cigars & beer pairing show. He hasn't seen a doctor in years, and he's not about to start now.

We introduce Cigar Rights of America's Brian Berman, and talk parallels between fine cigars and craft beer.

Sully from the 21st Amendment calls to check in.

We get Pete Johnson of Tatuaje Cigars on the line from Miami. We talk about the origins of his company, and Pete's introduction to the cigar world. He tells us how his cigars are made, where his tobaccos come from, and how involved he is in the production process. We go over how nicely his Red Label cigars paired with Fiddler's Elbow English Pale.

Rights and freedoms are discussed, and Brian tells us how CRA works to defend them. We further explore pairings, first by going over the celebration beers and cigars chosen by Cigar Snob magazine, then going into the pairings enjoyed by the brewcasters before the start of the show. We then take an extended break to experience our final pairing.

Brian tells us how to properly store and age cigars. We answer cigar related listener questions.

We wrap up our discussion on pairings. We go over our tasting notes, the similarities and differences of our experiences, and our impressions as relative cigar newbies.

Nice Pete. Haven't listened to it yet but loading it up now!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I listened to it and really enjoy hearing Pete taking about cigars and beer....it was passionate!