What's new

Cigars and drinks... favorite combinations?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still very much consider myself a newbie.... but I've been playing around with what cigars to smoke with what beverages.

Personally one of my favorites has become a Ramon Allones small club corona, or a juan lopez PC with coffee in the mornings/afternoons depending on how late I'm working.

I've also surprisingly found that the JL PC's in my opinion go exceptionally well with Doctor Pepper with real cane sugar and a bit of rum.

So... thought it would be cool to list ideas on what you've been smoking/drinking together lately. Doesn't have to be alcohol, just whatever you like...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past I always had to have something, e.g. Coffee, scotch, rum... But lately I just go with water. I still like liquor with powerhouse cigars and weekend night smokes, but think plain water has led me to less potent cigars and still enjoy them. I think strong drinks tend to cover up tastes.
You know, that's good logic. When it gets a bit warmer here I'll have to try that! Thanks!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Cuban PCs and black coffee in the morning is my favorite vacation treat.

Root beer and cream soda go with nearly everything. Also any fancy Starbucks drink, hot or cold. McCafes too for that matter. Love a $1-$2 caramel McCaffe with a Monte or Upmann on a long drive.

Coke goes really well with Habano or Corojo wrapped stuff.

I drink a lot of lemon sparkling water since I cut out sodas and sugary drinks (like all the ones I mentioned above). It works well.

Oddly, the one pairing I always wanted to like but didn’t is scotch. The cigar and scotch fight each other. I find the best pairings let the cigar shine and compliment the cigar. M

TNTGOLFER

Army Ranger and LEO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tawny and Ruby Ports are my favorites.. But Japanese scotch is gaining ground, well all scotch!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously rum, scotch, whisky, coffee are go to.
Dr. Pepper is the one that stands out for something that is non-alcoholic.
And when I lived in Kuwait, I'd hit up the cigar lounge and get anything with mint in it (obviously non alcoholic, as they can't serve alcohol). And it always went well with whatever cigar i had

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Rum, scotch, bourbon, whiskey, ruby, tawny or cabernet port wine, soda (least favorite beverage to pair with a pipe or cigar), sometimes ice water as well.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A ice cold craft beer and quality cigar are hard to beat. Sure glad I live in Portland with all the breweries around, options options options.