What's new

Cigars and Pipes?

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
So I feel like I’m going to regret this post because the last thing I need is another slope. I see some of you cigar guys also talking about their pipes and I was wondering about what draws you to one versus the other or maybe a better question is what does one give you but the other doesn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Pipe def has more complex profiles more interesting taste, but it also comes with pitfalls we can go positives to negatives.
Pipes.
positives
1. More complex and interesting flavors
2. Cost
3. Storage is easier
4.you can decide to 1/4 pack 1/2 pack or fully pack your bowl depending on how much time you have to smoke

negatives
1. Hard to find blends
2. Tonge bite shivers
3. Relights
4. Retamps
5. I dont know if this would be negitive or positive you generally get more nicotine from pipe vs cigars
6. Not a consistant draw.

i enjoy both but they both have good and bad things about them

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Pipe def has more complex profiles more interesting taste, but it also comes with pitfalls we can go positives to negatives.
Pipes.
positives
1. More complex and interesting flavors
2. Cost
3. Storage is easier
4.you can decide to 1/4 pack 1/2 pack or fully pack your bowl depending on how much time you have to smoke

negatives
1. Hard to find blends
2. Tonge bite shivers
3. Relights
4. Retamps
5. I dont know if this would be negitive or positive you generally get more nicotine from pipe vs cigars
6. Not a consistant draw.

i enjoy both but they both have good and bad things about them
Tongue bite shivers???

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
@Opie
In order to rank up and be allowed full rights and privileges in your new order, you know you'll eventually need a convert. Often many months pass before a newer newb comes along...

Here is a golden opportunity. Get him. Get him before someone else swoops in!
Hey I’m just asking some simple questions here, I’m not looking to be indoctrinated into some new order!

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
@Opie
In order to rank up and be allowed full rights and privileges in your new order, you know you'll eventually need a convert. Often many months pass before a newer newb comes along...

Here is a golden opportunity. Get him. Get him before someone else swoops in!
Today was my first pipe, I’ll need at least a week before I have the proper inventory to begin bombing people :rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
So give me the run down then, how was it?

Ask me in a couple days. It took me most of a bowl to realize I packed it like a girl. Once I got it tamped properly and got a nice ember it was about over. That being said, it was interesting enough where I’ll try again this weekend!

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Ask me in a couple days. It took me most of a bowl to realize I packed it like a girl. Once I got it tamped properly and got a nice ember it was about over. That being said, it was interesting enough where I’ll try again this weekend!
Lol this is too much! Pretty good description of someone’s “first time”.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I prefer a pipe when it is colder outside. I will sit out on the porch and read a book while smoking. Warmer I prefer cigars. But sometimes change it up and smoke my pipes in the summer.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
A guy at work gave me a cigar the other day called "Half Pipe", had nothing to do with skateboards! The tobacco in the cigar was a blend of pipe and cigar leaf, and it was suprisingly good. Best of both worlds I suppose.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I much prefer cigars over pipe, but pipes are SOOO much more convenient. Most good blends are cheap and (at times) plentiful. It's easy to pick up a tin based solely on the description, and not be disappointed... unlike cigars, where there are tons and tons of garbage smokes to weed through.. and it's way cheaper, as a tin costs about as much as 1 premium stick. Storage is simple, and a bowl works with your time, instead of demanding an hour or more, like a good cigar. I've got one pipe I can pack in the morning, and usually puff on all throughout the day..