What's new

Cigars in Movies

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I think SK wants to know if there are any specific cigars in the movies in which they are smoking cigars. I too have wondered this.
:thumbsup:

George Peppard smoked cigars from his private stock in his movies. They were "Banacek" hand-mades from Club 21 in New York. He had them specially rolled just for his use. He also smoked them during the A-Team.

Just looking for more specific examples like this one. Something like "In ... movie, ... was smoking a Don Francisco Lancero".

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony Montana is Scarface comes to mind and any Clint Eastwood westerns.
Clint Eastwood always seems to smoke the small vitolas 36-42. Like in "Two Mules for Sister Sara" and "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" they look like an Ugly Coyote or other cheap stick and are just a prop. Maybe not. Also, he lights them with a sulfer match but then a triple flame torch would look a little out of place in 1873.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Black Hawk Down - Bolivar Belicoso

At the beginning of the film they capture Atto to question him about Aidid. He offers General Garrison a cigar and says, "They're Cuban. Bolivar, belicoso." The general holds up his cigar and says "So is this." Atto replies, laughing, "Miami, my friend, is not Cuba."

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
In the Expendables Stallone smokes an opus in several Scenes. Also Arnold hands stalone a cigar in another scene which looked Cuban (Monte 2 maybe).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the Movies, but stand-up comedian George Burns estimates he burned through over 300,000 El Producto's. Why El Producto's when he could afford the best? Because the short filler cigars would stay lit. He said, "When my cigar went out and I had to re-light, the audience went out."
OBTW - he lived to be 100.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
Capt. Ramsey: How do you like that cigar?
Hunter: It's good, sir.
Capt. Ramsey: It's your first?
Hunter: [coughing] Yeah.
Capt. Ramsey: Well, don't like it too much. They're more expensive than drugs.

monte 2, i believe

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Michael Douglas in the new Wall Street movie appears to be smoking Davidoff and Cohiba CC's.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Capt. Ramsey: How do you like that cigar?
Hunter: It's good, sir.
Capt. Ramsey: It's your first?
Hunter: [coughing] Yeah.
Capt. Ramsey: Well, don't like it too much. They're more expensive than drugs.

monte 2, i believe
Great movie, great scene. I think you're correct. In another scene when they're sitting around the table Gene Hackman is smoking again and you get another look at it and it looks like a Monte No. 2.

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Does anyone know what hellboy smokes?
From "Smoke" magazine

"What would Hellboy smoke?
In his 2008 Movie Guide review of Hellboy, film critic Leonard Maltin writes, “Perlman is terrific as the cigar-chomping, emotionally vulnerable Hellboy.” That enjoyment of cigars runs deep onscreen and off.

“My favorite cigar now is Joya de Nicaragua, the torpedo,” says Perlman. “It’s got a beautiful roll, a beautiful draw, a very robust flavor, and the blend is spectacular. It’s also priced pretty reasonably - that’s important when you smoke as many cigars as I do.”

In addition to Joya de Nicaragua, he likes a range of others from Partagas, Arturo Fuente, and Davidoff. His passion began long ago and hasn’t waned despite the ups and downs in cultural trends.

“I’ve been smoking cigars since college, which was decades before the cigar frenzy of the ’90s,” he says. “When the frenzy went away, I was still smoking cigars. I still smoke two or three a day.”