What's new

Cigars Jammed Into Box

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So recently I received my first box order. Fast shipping, great packaging, serial checks. Box was opened but vacuum sealed, no problems there. I opened the box and they smelled wonderful, looked great, no mold, etc. I wanted to inspect the bottom row as well as the foots, but when I attempted to get one out of the box they were somewhat stuck together, like they were jammed in and tough to get out. I finally was able to carefully pry one out without damaging the wrapper, and they were all fine, but I really had to fight to wedge them back in the same way they were. For fear of damaging the cigars, I just left one out of the top and bottom rows. I couldn't find much on this topic online, but from what I've gathered, they may have just been a little over humidified and swelled up a little bit, I'm guessing I'll just have to let them sit an extra long time before I attempt to smoke one. So far in four days they haven't raised my RH in my humidor. 65% bovedas. And a bunch of 65% beads. I'm thinking of taking both out and seeing what happens to the RH. Any thoughts?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Thats normal when you buy dressed boxes. I dislike dressed boxes which is why i perfect slide lid boxes when i purchase sticks. Of course... some sticks only come in dressed boxes tho.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Good to know. I figured it was pretty normal. Just couldn't find much literature in the subject anywhere around.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Lol sorry gents. Nothing to see here. Nobody I know really smokes cigars, so I'm at the mercy of all you brothers for info and advice! Didn't see anything around on this cuz I didn't really know what to search for. Now, after reading a few threads last night about the differences between the SLBs and Dress boxes, I'm a little embarrassed for even having asked the question. Never even thought twice about the differences in the two, other than the ability to hold more cigars. But hopefully somebody else at my experience level will have a similar question, see this post and be better off for me having asked. (y)

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Lol sorry gents. Nothing to see here. Nobody I know really smokes cigars, so I'm at the mercy of all you brothers for info and advice! Didn't see anything around on this cuz I didn't really know what to search for. Now, after reading a few threads last night about the differences between the SLBs and Dress boxes, I'm a little embarrassed for even having asked the question. Never even thought twice about the differences in the two, other than the ability to hold more cigars. But hopefully somebody else at my experience level will have a similar question, see this post and be better off for me having asked. (y)
No worries, bro! No judgement here, but plenty of jokers. If you wanna have a few laughs, look up some of @ChuckMejia's first posts... talk about a clueless noob when he first joined :facepalm:;)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hahah fun times. :ROFLMAO: You guys are all good people. Yes, even chuck. Now if I could just learn how to post gif's I'd be a veteran.