What's new

Cigars to tight

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been playing around with my new mold, and I think I'm either filling it to much or pressing to hard. The draw is just way to tight. The problem is I've tried using less filler and it is not nearly enough to even fill the mold. So that makes me think I've got the filler amount right and I'm just clamping down to tight with the c clamps, or I'm not rolling the binder tight enough. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot over compress the mold. You apply enough pressure to engage both halves evenly across the mold length. If the draw is too tight you're either overfilling the bunch or the filler is too wet. How long after rolling do you dry box before you smoke your sticks? I usually do 30-45 days.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When you are using a mold properly your pre-mold bunch will have a very light draw, and will be a bit difficult to squeeze down into the slots because it's bigger than the slots. The mold will then complete the process of setting a perfect draw, gradually, evenly, over time.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
You have to make sure you didn't accidentally twist the fillers while applying the binder too...that may not be the issue but it's worth mentioning so you can check as you bind.
Good luck,
Jim

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Wet filler. I know this because that is what caused my tight bunches. It looks like I'm overfilling the mold now, but they come of great!!

Seriously, as dry as you can get it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the more I think about it I'm thinking its wet filler. I'm so used to WLT filler being so dry and ready to work right away that I haven't even noticed how wet this LO stuff is. Thanks guys!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yea the more I think about it I'm thinking its wet filler. I'm so used to WLT filler being so dry and ready to work right away that I haven't even noticed how wet this LO stuff is. Thanks guys!

True. I think they dip their shipments in a barrel of water right before putting 'em in a bag. The stuff should crackle a bit when you roll.

Take a gander at this vid, starting around minute 21, and listen carefully to how your leaf should sound =>

sent from my whyshouldyoucare using Tapaspam