What's new

cigartech

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
so, i made this little app awhile ago for inventory management and i recently started rewriting it to modernize. it's in the cloud now and i wanted to know if you guys would be interested in using it. i'm cleaning it up at the moment and have plans to add a bunch of new features.

here's a screenshot of a page that displays a consumption history for one of the cigars in my humidor. would you guys find this sorta thing useful?

ss.png

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I would definitely be interested in something that I could use on my iPhone to keep track of what I have. I have avoided doing it in a spreadsheet because I did not want to manually type in every different cigar I have. If there were some preloaded cigars in the app plus a place to manually add the ones that aren’t loaded it would make things much easier.

It’s also inconvenient in a spreadsheet because i don’t always have my laptop with me to record what I am smoking (removing it from inventory). Since my phone is always with me it would be much easier to remove them using an app.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I would definitely be interested in something that I could use on my iPhone to keep track of what I have. I have avoided doing it in a spreadsheet because I did not want to manually type in every different cigar I have. If there were some preloaded cigars in the app plus a place to manually add the ones that aren’t loaded it would make things much easier.

It’s also inconvenient in a spreadsheet because i don’t always have my laptop with me to record what I am smoking (removing it from inventory). Since my phone is always with me it would be much easier to remove them using an app.
unfortunately, apple doesn't allow any ios apps that 'promote' (section 1.4.3) tobacco usage any longer. =( but ... i've been rewriting the app to be responsive. i haven't tested it yet. but in theory, it should work.

i'm gonna add a bunch of cigar records. any that don't exist can be added pretty easily. and for any records that have incorrect data, i wrote a revision process that allows any user to submit edits for the records =)

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If the end user were a homeroller, would he or she be able to add their homerolls or would they have to be submitted as an edit?
I guess the question is can anyone using this customize their copy to what they are smoking by adding all the pertinent info?

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
More-or-less. I need a designer to come in and gussy it up. Other than that, it's good-to-go. I guess I could invite you and a few others to test-drive it as-is. Would you be interested in something like that?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
More-or-less. I need a designer to come in and gussy it up. Other than that, it's good-to-go. I guess I could invite you and a few others to test-drive it as-is. Would you be interested in something like that?
Sure. As a homeroller, I was thinking of linking this in the home roller's "Blending Thread" to see if the rest of the guys would start using it. That way we could all expand our library of info regarding the blends we've rolled collectively.

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
As a newb to the hobby, I think something like this would be immensely helpful. My head is spinning with so many different names, factories, ring sizes...Im just keeping a journal, but something I could do on my phone would be the bees knees.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I use an app on iOS called Cigar Register. It still gets app updates, I think it slipped through the purge because it doesn't exactly "promote" tobacco usage. Or maybe since it's a paid app, people that already paid get to keep receiving updates. I use it and like it, though the catalog is slow to be updated, so newer sticks would have to be input manually. It doesn't track consumption history like the app in this thread though, that is a pretty cool feature.

http://cigar-register.com/

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the "My Humidor" thing they have on Cigar Geeks portal. The value they have is the database of cigars when you add them. The interface is clumsy. The problem with the App is Apple and Google. They have phobias on certain mainstream products like cigars and firearms. You never know what bug will hit them next and what apps might become banned.